Options

desktop support to help desk

hexportedhexported Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
If someone has a desktop support job and changes to a help desk job then later wants to go back to having another desktop support job, would it hurt their chances by having changed to help desk? Will someone be more likely to hire someone now doing desktop support or does it make no difference since the job are some what the same? Sorry if that question was confusing. icon_rolleyes.gif

Comments

• Options
    Jon_CiscoJon_Cisco Member Posts: 1,772 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Desktop support and Help desk can be very different from company to company. However I think what would be important is what you learned in each position.

Experience is important and if you can show that you not only did the jobs but gained valuable experience then I think you would be ok.

Good Luck!
  • Options
    VinnyCiscoVinnyCisco Member Posts: 176
    No. It has happened to me. Just make sure your resume is "Desktop Support" heavy if you know what I mean.
    "Failure is the prerequisite of Success" - V. G.
  • Options
    The Silent AssassinThe Silent Assassin Member Posts: 39 ■■□□□□□□□□
    VinnyCisco wrote: »
    No. It has happened to me. Just make sure your resume is "Desktop Support" heavy if you know what I mean.

Exactly because you run the risk of them thinking you went back to L1 because you couldn't hack it as L2. May want to have an explanation on deck just in case a future employer asks why you made the move down.