Options

Desktop support experience vs. help desk??

hexportedhexported Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
Let's say a company is going to hire a new desktop support person. Are they more likely to hire someone with one year of desktop support experience or someone who has 2 years of help desk? What if they had 5 years? Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    ChitownjediChitownjedi Member Posts: 578 ■■■■■□□□□□
    hexported wrote: »
    Let's say a company is going to hire a new desktop support person. Are they more likely to hire someone with one year of desktop support experience or someone who has 2 years of help desk? What if they had 5 years? Thanks!

Totally depends.

The title would give the desktop support version a small advantage... but not one that could not or would not immediately be erased the moment they open their mouth in an interview.

Skillset, education, passion, a lot of things can swing it either way....They would be lead to assume that person knows what it takes to do the job a little more... but the Help Desk person could have been doing the exact same things in their Help desk role, so you can't really tell.
  • Options
    ande0255ande0255 Banned Posts: 1,178
    Seriously, again with the Samuel L Jackson voice, your avatar is brilliant sir. I cannot read your posts with a normal tone in my head.
  • Options
    ChitownjediChitownjedi Member Posts: 578 ■■■■■□□□□□
    ande0255 wrote: »
    Seriously, again with the Samuel L Jackson voice, your avatar is brilliant sir. I cannot read your posts with a normal tone in my head.

I'mma start making sure I keep those words line up with his style, so its even harder my brother!

lol
  • Options
    markulousmarkulous Member Posts: 2,394 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I'mma start making sure I keep those words line up with his style, so its even harder my brother!

lol

You need to yell and swear more.