Options

Just an Intro...Hello All

Andey2015Andey2015 Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello All,

I stumbled across this site while researching CCNA/CCNA Voice topics. I've read quite a few threads already, and it's helped direct my path, so thanks for the info! I look forward to sharing/exchanging ideas while increasing my knowledge...hopefully I can help a few individuals along the way, as well.

I've been in the Telecom (voice-TDM) industry for the past 8 years, working with Nortel systems, and decided to make a career change into IP networking. My path is CCENT-CCNA R&S-CCNA Voice-CCNP Voice.

I'm in the research stage and will start 1 Aug, with a plan to have CCNA R&S by 31 Dec, then CCNA Voice before 1 April 15. Thanks again and good luck!

Andey

Comments

• Options
    VinnyCiscoVinnyCisco Member Posts: 176
    Welcome, and good luck.
    "Failure is the prerequisite of Success" - V. G.
  • Options
    Jon_CiscoJon_Cisco Member Posts: 1,772 ■■■■■■■■□□
    You found a great place! Welcome

One thing I like to caution people on. When it comes to CCNA study there really are way to many resources available for you to use them all.
    Don't waste to much time researching. Just start learning. Getting started is the hardest part.

Good Luck!
  • Options
    @VinnyCisco,

Thanks,

If you don't mind me asking, how do you like working in the City in IT? I'd imagine the hustle would create some great learning opportunities.

After I obtain certification and experience, I wouldn't mind living there for a couple of years. I do find it odd, and funny (stories), that my friends from NY never go back, not even to visit. Guess I've just had good experiences as a tourist.
  • Options
    Jon_Cisco wrote: »
    You found a great place! Welcome

One thing I like to caution people on. When it comes to CCNA study there really are way to many resources available for you to use them all.
    Don't waste to much time researching. Just start learning. Getting started is the hardest part.

Good Luck!

Thanks, for the welcome and advice,

After reading thru quite a few threads, I see what you mean. I've narrowed it down to ICND1 (Odom) with Lab, then CBT nuggets and INE. Good luck to you as well!
  • Options
    VinnyCiscoVinnyCisco Member Posts: 176
    Working in the city has it's positives and negatives. Pay is really good. People that you have to deal with can be frustrating at times. All in all I like it. Never ending opportunities out here.
    "Failure is the prerequisite of Success" - V. G.
  • Options
    JeanMJeanM Member Posts: 1,117
    Welcome!
    2015 goals - ccna voice / vmware vcp.