Options

ICND2 facepalm (Fail)

merc.man87merc.man87 Member Posts: 50 ■■□□□□□□□□
Having read a book and some other resources and performed some light labbing, I decided to take the exam, I failed. And failed miserably. 722 was the score, needed 825 to pass. Now, by my calculations I only needed to roughly answer 6 more questions correctly. I got caught up on a simulation and ended up burning way to much time on it, so I had to rush through the remaining questions. I feel as if I hadn't of stumbled on that simulation, I could of taken my normal amount of time on the remaining questions and came out on top. Oh well, I am currently hitting the books even more and putting more of an emphasis on labs. I will not be defeated for a second time!

Comments

• Options
    Magic JohnsonMagic Johnson Member Posts: 414
    I wouldn't say that's a miserable fail at all. Just a bit of brushing up and you'll be passing that.
  • Options
    Jon_CiscoJon_Cisco Member Posts: 1,772 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I think the simulations slow everyone down. It's not that they are hard but there is just a lot more to second guess compared to multiple choice questions.

I have not taken ICND2 yet but I felt I wasted way to much time on my ICND1 test doing the sim. I got lucky because I had a lot of subnetting questions at the end and could do them in my sleep at that point.

Good Luck on the retesting!
  • Options
    VinnyCiscoVinnyCisco Member Posts: 176
    You will be ready for those lab questions on the next go around, so your time should improve. I would go over your weak areas, do some labs, and have at it sooner rather than later. Good luck!
    "Failure is the prerequisite of Success" - V. G.
  • Options
    10Linefigure10Linefigure Member Posts: 368 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Chin up! Everyone fails a test at some point. I failed VCA-Cloud :P so shake it off, do some labs (you can find simple ones in Lammle's books) or get Packet Tracer or GNS3 or another simulator and just start using all your knowledge to make simulated networks. You will get it next time.
    CCNP R&S, Security+
    B.S. Geography - Business Minor
    MicroMasters - CyberSecurity
    Professional Certificate - IT Project Management
  • Options
    Thanks for the encouraging words guys! I have been really taking it slow so that I can soak in every last drop of goodness from my studies. Not trying to overload myself. Trying to absorb meaningful knowledge, and I usually try and find an ear that will hear what I have learned, it really helps to reinforce it if you can attempt to educate another person about what you know!
  • Options
    MrPuzzlezMrPuzzlez Member Posts: 89 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I wouldn't call it a failure as much as I would call it a "Hard Lesson" I failed the updated ICND1 by 3 stankin points! And then studied like mad for the next 2 months. Think of it this way. Your "hard lesson" is now a roadmap to success now that you have experienced the exam.
  • Options
    I have studied more, and done some additional labbing. I am feeling good. Tomorrow I will face the ICND2 again. Hopefully it's a balboa story, I was brutally beat the first time, but I come back to claim my title!
  • Options
    JohnLJohnL Member Posts: 62 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Good luck tomorrow and tear that test a new one :)
    B.B.A. in Finance - 2007
    A.A.S. in Computer Networking & System Administration - 2014
    M.S. Information Security and Assurance - 2016
    CompTIA A+, Network+, Security+, CEH, CHFI, CCNA: Routing & Switching
    Working on CISSP
  • Options
    Codeman6669Codeman6669 Member Posts: 227
    merc.man87 wrote: »
    I have studied more, and done some additional labbing. I am feeling good. Tomorrow I will face the ICND2 again. Hopefully it's a balboa story, I was brutally beat the first time, but I come back to claim my title!

Best of luck! You got this!
  • Options
    tuleeohtuleeoh Member Posts: 78 ■■□□□□□□□□
    That's not a horrible score. Just think positive and keep improving on the areas you lack. Good luck on your next attempt! You got this