Options

Project+ Passed

AverageJoeAverageJoe Member Posts: 316 ■■■■□□□□□□
As I think about maybe doing CAPM and/or PMP, I took the Project+ as a confidence builder.

My only study material was the Sybex book by Kim and William Heldman. I felt like a lot of the material was common sense based, so for most of it I just read through to understand concepts. Then right before the test I read through the chapter summaries/reviews again. Passing is a 710; I scored a 784.

If I had to do it again I'd study various vocabulary, documents, and formulas a bit more instead of just relying on overall concepts, but I'm satisfied with the end result :).

Just an average Joe

Comments

• Options
    dbzrfldbzrfl Member Posts: 40 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations on passing. I am taking the project pro this term.
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    lopezilopezi Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    AverageJoe wrote: »
    As I think about maybe doing CAPM and/or PMP, I took the Project+ as a confidence builder.

I too am using the Project+ exam as a confidence booster. I've never done any certs before and don't know how well I will do in a testing situation, I'm good at walking away and applying concepts I read about, just not so good at taking a test about them. I'm also using it as a gauge to see whether I'm of the mindset to actually go and do the PMP as well.
  • Options
    SouljackerSouljacker Member Posts: 112 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thank you for writing about your experiences. This is the second post I have seen that has made mention of knowing formulas and vocab. Stuff like that really helps others know what to hammer in studying.

And congrats on the pass!
  • Options
    mokaibamokaiba Member Posts: 162 ■■■□□□□□□□
    AverageJoe wrote: »
    My only study material was the Sybex book by Kim and William Heldman.

Is this the same book?: http://s11.postimg.org/pxl5tyadf/ebook.png
  • Options
    diskosdiskos Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□