Options

Passed CISSP Yesterday

Trottet2099Trottet2099 Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
I would like to thank everyone on this forum with helping me pass my CISSP exam,it has been a long journey but I did it. :).

I used the following materials:

Eric Conrad CISSP 2nd edition and the short study guide.
Sybex CISSP book.
Total Testers Exams
Transcender Practice Tests "very helpful" and closest to the real thing.

I found the actual exam to be a test of mental endurance because its so damn long, your fighting against the clock which causes you to loose your concentration. What really helped me was this study guide that I put together and taking the SSCP back in November because it builds a good foundation to build off of in prepration for the CISSP.

Thanks again everyone

Trottet2009

Comments

• Options
    jvrlopezjvrlopez Member Posts: 913 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass! Looks like you had a good study routine and it paid off.
    And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high. ~Ayrton Senna
  • Options
    mokazmokaz Member Posts: 172
    Thanks for sharing your study notes and big congratulate on the pass !!!
  • Options
    Thank you very much and feel free to pick what's left of my brain cells.
  • Options
    AlanjenAlanjen Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! Passing the exam is a difficult yet fun journey and waiting to hear back from ISC2 on accepting your endorsement and issuing your certification is a difficult and long journey as well, not as much fun. Congratulations again!!!
  • Options
    Spin LockSpin Lock Member Posts: 142
    Congrats on passing. And thank you for sharing your notes! I skimmed them looking at domains I've already covered and I was very impressed by how concise and thorough they are. After seeing these notes, I'm not at all surprised you passed. You put a lot of effort into this. Thanks again.

And +1 to your reputation. Well deserved.
  • Options
    Spin Lock,

Thank you for the kudos, that study guide really helped me out a lot and studying everyday for 2 hours, with going to the library on weekends.
  • Options
    Alanjen,

Thank you
  • Options
    RobicusRobicus Member Posts: 144 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations on passing that monster! So happy for you. Also, thank you for sharing such clean, concise, and organized notes.

I just started the CISSP journey 1 week ago and slowly but surey making my way through Shon Harris' AIO 6th edition.

Congrats and thanks again for sharing!
    What's Next? eLearnSecurity's eCIR

MSISE, CISSP, GSE (#202), GSEC, GCIA, GCIH, GPEN, GMON, GCFE, GCCC, GCPM, eJPT, AWS CCP
  • Options
    praminpramin Member Posts: 138 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on your pass. Also thanks for sharing your notes and how you went about preparing for the CISSP.
  • Options
    arunm17arunm17 Member Posts: 29 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congrats on your pass mate!!! Thank you for the notes. I will start my CISSP journey soon.
  • Options
    cquispe.devcquispe.dev Member Posts: 11 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on your pass!!!
  • Options
    TheProfezzorTheProfezzor Member Posts: 204 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations.
    OSCP: Loading . . .
  • Options
    parvezahmad83parvezahmad83 Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats for passing CISSP Exam.
  • Options
    ExpectExpect Member Posts: 252 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Your notes are, in 1 word, amazing.

They will be a great reference for me, my exam is 1 month away.

Thanks for sharing and congratulations on the pass.
  • Options
    AlamjanAlamjan Member Posts: 5 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulation !
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
  • Options
    sameojsameoj Member Posts: 366 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats and Enjoy!!!
  • Options
    flt0nujrflt0nujr Member Posts: 65 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass!!! These notes look excellent!!! Thanks for sharing.
    B.S Information Technology Telecommunications
    A.S Network Server Administration
    M.S Information Security Management (expected 2014-2015)
  • Options
    No problem and good luck on your exam. I am sure you will do just fine.
  • Options
    victor58victor58 Member Posts: 25 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I would like to thank everyone on this forum with helping me pass my CISSP exam,it has been a long journey but I did it. :).

I used the following materials:

Eric Conrad CISSP 2nd edition and the short study guide.
    Sybex CISSP book.
    Total Testers Exams
    Transcender Practice Tests "very helpful" and closest to the real thing.

I found the actual exam to be a test of mental endurance because its so damn long, your fighting against the clock which causes you to loose your concentration. What really helped me was this study guide that I put together and taking the SSCP back in November because it builds a good foundation to build off of in prepration for the CISSP.

Thanks again everyone

Trottet2009

Congratulations buddy. Great achievement.
    Did you took shon harris total tester questions and exams? How would you compare those with Transcenders? Did you just took the practice exams from Transcender or anything else as well such as flash cards, etc? Here is the link that i found:
    Transcender ISC2 CISSP Exam | CISSP Certification Training Products
    Is that the one that you bought for 169$? Any other practice exams that come close to this to the real exam or you would suggest that these are the best with respect to the actual exam? Thanks
  • Options
    cgrimaldocgrimaldo Member Posts: 439 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • Options
    Victor58,

The Transcender exams will give the best bang for the buck in my opinion because they include 3 practice exams, random exams, and over 900+ flash cards. As far as the other exams I used those as well and they were helpful. At first I didn't want to shell out 169.00 but I am glad I did and Transcender has a money back guarantee. I didn't want bogged down with some many resources that would cause me to get overwhelmed and loose focus. The biggest thing that I would tell anyone is to "KNOW" why the answers are right and why they are wrong. That's half of the battle and the other half is mentally training your brain for a 6 hour exam. Good luck while preparing for your exam.
  • Options
    EasyPeezyEasyPeezy Member Posts: 111 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Brilliant... and thanks for the note...

Congratulations again.
  • Options
    victor58victor58 Member Posts: 25 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Victor58,

The Transcender exams will give the best bang for the buck in my opinion because they include 3 practice exams, random exams, and over 900+ flash cards. As far as the other exams I used those as well and they were helpful. At first I didn't want to shell out 169.00 but I am glad I did and Transcender has a money back guarantee. I didn't want bogged down with some many resources that would cause me to get overwhelmed and loose focus. The biggest thing that I would tell anyone is to "KNOW" why the answers are right and why they are wrong. That's half of the battle and the other half is mentally training your brain for a 6 hour exam. Good luck while preparing for your exam.

Thanks buddy! Certainly helpful.
  • Options
    coolbfcoolbf Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats and thank you for sharing your notes. I just failed my first attempt by 50 marks short and after seeing your notes I kinda have an idea what I needed to focus on.
  • Options
    umarama07umarama07 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    user-offline.png Hi Trottet2099,
    Thanks for sharing, I am NEW to CISSP and planning to complete CISSP in 6 months, Kindly share the document which u have studied. Really appreciate if you could share. Thanks in advance.

Thanks.
  • Options
    khiemkpkhiemkp Member Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    Realist2001Realist2001 Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for posting your study guide. I have been taking hand written notes as I read through the AIO book. Your guide will help be save time and focus more on the stuff as I read it and not have to write it down as well.
  • Options
    jamesmckijamesmcki Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the notes. They will help out a lot with my studies and learning as a flash card so I know the areas I am weak in. I am hoping to finish the CBT Nuggets videos, read the two CISSP books I have and look at these notes, with luck this should all be done within 2 months.
  • Options
    pizzahutpizzahut Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□