Options

Comptia Certmaster

psheehan5psheehan5 Member Posts: 80 ■■■□□□□□□□
Good morning everyone,
I am looking to start a new career in IT. I was in IT in the Air Force a few years back doing mainly team management and project management. It's been a few years, nearly 10, but I'd like to rejoin the IT ranks starting with Security Plus. Anyway, long story short, I just lost my job so I have time to do this. But of course, money will be tight so I don't want to spend any that is not necessary. I've got Darril's Remember This and Chapter Questions on Audio, and the Cybex Security Plus Study Guide SYS-301, and Prof Messer's site bookmarked. I did see that Comptia recently came out with their Certmaster. Has anyone used this or have any feedback on it? It sounds good but I am reluctant to spend $139 on something that I can't find any reviews on. Thanks in advance for any feedback and I'm open to advice. I've been lurking here for a couple of years and I've always seen helpful comments and advice from this forum.
Thanks and have a great day!
PS

Comments

• Options
    jleydon82jleydon82 Member Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
    psheehan5 wrote: »
    Good morning everyone,
    I am looking to start a new career in IT. I was in IT in the Air Force a few years back doing mainly team management and project management. It's been a few years, nearly 10, but I'd like to rejoin the IT ranks starting with Security Plus. Anyway, long story short, I just lost my job so I have time to do this. But of course, money will be tight so I don't want to spend any that is not necessary. I've got Darril's Remember This and Chapter Questions on Audio, and the Cybex Security Plus Study Guide SYS-301, and Prof Messer's site bookmarked. I did see that Comptia recently came out with their Certmaster. Has anyone used this or have any feedback on it? It sounds good but I am reluctant to spend $139 on something that I can't find any reviews on. Thanks in advance for any feedback and I'm open to advice. I've been lurking here for a couple of years and I've always seen helpful comments and advice from this forum.
    Thanks and have a great day!
    PS

I have no comment on the Certmaster but on a budget I think the best resource is PluralSight. They charge $29 per month for unlimited library access to video training. They also address all objectives of the CompTIA exams you listed above plus tons more. I used them for VMware training among others and found the trainers to be excellent and well known in the community. This site used to be TrainSignal but it is the same library + more at a reduced rate. Additionally, I found that the extra monthly charge for their "exercise files" not worth it on anything I did.
  • Options
    psheehan5psheehan5 Member Posts: 80 ■■■□□□□□□□
    jleydon82,
    Thank you very much for the lead on PluralSight. I will check it out.
    PS