Options

WGU: BS IT Security, April graduation achievable?

markulousmarkulous Member Posts: 2,394 ■■■■■■■■□□
I've got about a year of help desk experience. I have about 4-5 hours of study time every day. Once I pass my Network+ cert (hoping the following weekend), I'll have the below classes left:

IWC1 - Lit Arts
IWT1 - Lit Arts Analysis
C220 - OS I
C221 - OS II (this and above make Linux+ cert)
CJV1 - Database I
C246 - CCNA
C247 - CCNA part 2
MGC1 - Principles of Management
C299 - Designing Customized Security (CCNA Security)
SBT1 - Tech Writing
RGT1 - Capstone

Is an April 2015 graduation realistic (8 months from now)? I know I'll be able to do it before the April-September 2015 term ends but it would be nice to save a few grand. I don't have much networking or Cisco experience nor much Linux experience so I'm not how long those will hold me up.

Comments

• Options
    Danielm7Danielm7 Member Posts: 2,310 ■■■■■■■■□□
    In 8 months? Sure. You're coming right off the Network+ so networking won't be completely foreign so I'd probably roll right into the CCNA. I had some DB experience but I didn't find the DB class terribly difficult. The Linux classes took me longer than normal but I was completely new to linux. That much time and 5 hours a day of study it is totally feasible.
  • Options
    I do have the packet tracer application installed to help me with the CCNA and I've got Ubuntu on VirtualBox. I was leaning towards CCNA right after this too since it's all fresh in my head and they've already touched on some Cisco protocols.

I don't have any SQL experience either but I figured it would be very basic.

The lit classes, management, tech writing, and capstone all seem like they'd take a couple weeks max for each one.

The goal is to attack it as fast as possible so come April I can either advance to a sys admin help desk position here or jump over to a networking environment somewhere else.
  • Options
    Doesn't look like I'll be able to make April but maybe June. I'm finishing up the crappy art classes now, just waiting on Taskstream for my results and moving onto the management class.

So far I have this still:

C220 - OS I
    C221 - OS II
    CJV1 - Database I
    MGC1 - Principles of Management
    SBT1 - Tech Writing
    RGT1 - Capstone