Options

Should I buy the Ipad mini 2 (with retina display) or wait?

CaptainLCaptainL Member Posts: 78 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi, I'm looking to buy an ipad mini 2(with retina display) for the purpose of reading ebooks(expecially for certification studies), watching movies, and a little gaming, but since the ipad mini 3 is rumored to be released soon and with the new features(upgraded processor, Touch ID, and camera). Do you think it will be wise to wait for the ipad mini 3 for a light user like me?

Comments

• Options
    colemiccolemic Member Posts: 1,569 ■■■■■■■□□□
    It wouldn't hurt to wait to see what the prices are; I think there is supposed to be a release some time in September (me and my boss are eligible for phone upgrades and we are waiting to see if they drop a new phone.) You definitely won't get a fire sale price or anything on a mini 2, unless you are buying secondhand.
    Working on: staying alive and staying employed
  • Options
    tpatt100tpatt100 Member Posts: 2,991 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I would wait especially if the Touch ID comes to it, the CPU upgrade if any will probably not matter much in real world performance. I do get the "tab reloading" issue with Safari and Chrome on my iPad Mini Retina where switching between tabs sometimes shows a grey scale image of an old page you visited and then refreshes the tab making you lose everything. Last time I got that bug was with the original iPad so I think there is a memory issue with the current iPad Mini Retina.