Options

Very disappointing about this forum...

tomislav91tomislav91 Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
I am very, very disappointing about members of this forum.7
No one is trying to help, just saying "WHY PACKET TRACER, GO TO GNS3", and so on. Does anyone really know computer networking here? Does anyone want to help or what?
I posted something, expecting some help, but NO. It's impportant that you have diplome..That's only matters.
Thank you GUYS :)

Comments

• Options
    slinuxuzerslinuxuzer Member Posts: 665 ■■■■□□□□□□
    try reviewing / bumping your thread, also posts like this won't make you any friends. Without seeing your original post I can't comment on why you got limited response, maybe look at it and see if you can polish it up. sometimes if you post on a slow day your thread gets burried.
  • Options
    iBrokeITiBrokeIT Member Posts: 1,318 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I am very disappointed you think this forum only exists for help with your Packet Tracer homework...
    2019: GPEN | GCFE | GXPN | GICSP | CySA+ 
    2020: GCIP | GCIA 
    2021: GRID | GDSA | Pentest+ 
    2022: GMON | GDAT
    2023: GREM  | GSE | GCFA

WGU BS IT-NA | SANS Grad Cert: PT&EH | SANS Grad Cert: ICS Security | SANS Grad Cert: Cyber Defense Ops SANS Grad Cert: Incident Response
  • Options
    zxbanezxbane Member Posts: 740 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Why you mad tho?
  • Options
    DevilWAHDevilWAH Member Posts: 2,997 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I have to say I just took the time to find your original thread with the intention of seeing if I could help as I use PT a bit. But it is full of loads of config with out any real clear idea of what and why you are doing some thing.

No one here is going to spend hours trying to figure out what you want and give you the complete config. We have our own jobs to do thank you very much. A number of people have given you pointers on your thread to how you could look to do it in PT. But people here genrealy give people help to how to do things the right way. And as what you want to do is not really some thing you would normal do with PT, people are not going to spend hours of there own time figuring out how to do it for you.

Contra to popular belif we don't all know every thing, so if you haven't got the answer you want its because no one here know it of the top of there head. which generally means one of two things.

1. its a problem so complex or unique that it taxing even for the guru's we have here

2. None of the gurus would do it this way as there are better ways to do it, so are not going to take time to figure it out for you.

Or a third reason that specifc questions to be solved with out a real world explanation are often assigment that have been handed out and as such people here generally do not do people home work for them.

If you need help ask for help, but don't expect the solution on a silver plate. your more likely to get pointed to some documents or some suggestion you will need to look further in to. Which I see on your thread you have already received.
    • If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
    • An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties. It means that its going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming.
  • Options
    ande0255ande0255 Banned Posts: 1,178
    I saw your thread but I've never tried BGP in Packet Tracer so I couldn't really comment, but Networker was correct in advising you use GNS3 rather than Packet Tracer, as PT has limitations that may not be known to us that is preventing it from working correctly.
  • Options
    slinuxuzerslinuxuzer Member Posts: 665 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Also Cisco VIRL is supposed to be released any day now and will likely have way better functionality. take a look at that.
  • Options
    colemiccolemic Member Posts: 1,569 ■■■■■■■□□□
    OP,

Please note that the name of the forum is techEXAMS.net. Hence, the focus on certification and education, and learning in general. As a community, we don't specialize in completing homework assignments. The vast majority of our folk consist of professionals, who enjoy TE, but also have to solve their own real-world networking issues. And when someone needs help, there are very few instances that someone doesn't step up and provide assistance, much like you were provided. We don't expect others to do all of our work for us.

As others have said, you are trying to piecemeal together something that isn't supported in PT. It clearly isn't the best way to complete what you are asking, so I don't see why you expect others to try to figure out the solution for you. (The solution is to do as suggested, and build this in GNS3.) It's not even production, just a sim, so it's not the end of the world.

Recommended Reading - http://www.amazon.com/How-Win-Friends-Influence-People/dp/B008GAT3BI/ref=sr_1_3?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1406903222&sr=1-3&keywords=how+to+win+friends+and+influence+people
    Working on: staying alive and staying employed
  • Options
    DevilWAH wrote: »
    I have to say I just took the time to find your original thread with the intention of seeing if I could help as I use PT a bit. But it is full of loads of config with out any real clear idea of what and why you are doing some thing.

No one here is going to spend hours trying to figure out what you want and give you the complete config. We have our own jobs to do thank you very much. A number of people have given you pointers on your thread to how you could look to do it in PT. But people here genrealy give people help to how to do things the right way. And as what you want to do is not really some thing you would normal do with PT, people are not going to spend hours of there own time figuring out how to do it for you.

Contra to popular belif we don't all know every thing, so if you haven't got the answer you want its because no one here know it of the top of there head. which generally means one of two things.

1. its a problem so complex or unique that it taxing even for the guru's we have here

2. None of the gurus would do it this way as there are better ways to do it, so are not going to take time to figure it out for you.

Or a third reason that specifc questions to be solved with out a real world explanation are often assigment that have been handed out and as such people here generally do not do people home work for them.

If you need help ask for help, but don't expect the solution on a silver plate. your more likely to get pointed to some documents or some suggestion you will need to look further in to. Which I see on your thread you have already received.

I never read that much stupid thing in my life. "don't expect the solution on a silver plate" ? Who want that? I? No, just want to someone help me.
    "We have our own jobs to do thank you very much" ? If you have, why you are be so clever here, go doing job, not posting on forum.
  • Options
    Since I last looked at that thread you've received a great amount of detailed assistance with your question, I'm having trouble believing that you genuinely feel like you were not helped.

Remember your decision to post here is completely up to you, so feel free to not post here if you're going to be a baby about not getting the amount of help you feel is entitled to you.
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    I am no Cisco expert but on the Learning Network every time BGP comes up the answer is the same: forget PT, go GNS3.

Also, 349,259 registered members. OP is the first I've seen complaining. And questioning our knowledge isn't going to make you any friends.

Funny fact, looking at your profile:
    Friends:
    tomislav91 has not made any friends yet

I wonder why that is icon_smile.gif
  • Options
    cyberguypr wrote: »
    I am no Cisco expert but on the Learning Network every time BGP comes up the answer is the same: forget PT, go GNS3.

Also, 349,259 registered members. OP is the first I've seen complaining. And questioning our knowledge isn't going to make you any friends.

Funny fact, looking at your profile:

I wonder why that is icon_smile.gif

I am not came here for making virtual friendships. Just came excepting that someone is help me. But not.
    ANd it is not homework!.
    Close thread.
  • Options
    HeeroHeero Member Posts: 486
    If it is not homework, then what requirement do you have to do in in Packet Tracer?
  • Options
    IristheangelIristheangel Mod Posts: 4,133 Mod
    Question: If it's not homework, why did you say in the other thread that you would love to use GN3, but you HAD to use Packet Tracer? Just curious. :)
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    Blog: www.network-node.com
  • Options
    Question: If it's not homework, why did you say in the other thread that you would love to use GN3, but you HAD to use Packet Tracer? Just curious. :)

Because for homework assignments, you need to submit your work in packet tracer file format, just like I had to in college! icon_cheers.gif
  • Options
    IristheangelIristheangel Mod Posts: 4,133 Mod
    LoL. Obviously us not helping him do his homework == no one here knows networking.
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    Blog: www.network-node.com
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    No friends, this guy is all business. LOL!
  • Options
    N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    This is a certification forum first and foremost. Some people may not have the answer so instead of BSing you they are avoiding the post.

I've asked for assistance before and never received any help, doesn't mean it's a bad forum. Other times I have recieved a lot of help, especially in the database sub forum. Lot's of help provided down there.

It's wise to use multiple sources IMO.

Best wishes.
  • Options
    tomislav91 wrote: »
    "We have our own jobs to do thank you very much" ? If you have, why you are be so clever here, go doing job, not posting on forum.

By this I am assuming you don't have a job, other wise you would know that many of us get a lot of help of this forum and give lots of help to. Now people have tried to help you and you have done nothing but complain. I am assume that is because you are either extremely ungrateful, lazy and want other people to provide the answer for you, or just trolling.

Either way its been an interesting and enjoyable thread :):)
    • If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
    • An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties. It means that its going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming.
  • Options
    ccnxjrccnxjr Member Posts: 304 ■■■□□□□□□□
    This is my opinion only:

As I understand it, people on this discussion board assist when they can , not because they're obligated to.
    As a matter of due diligence, If I can't find assistance in one discussion board I look at others.
    This actually works out very well, many of the questions that I've had were asked before on can be found elsewhere on the internet.

It's rather unfair to assume that one themed discussion board will provide you with all the help you need.
    Likewise in other areas of life.

And occasionally a question or two will go un-answered if no one has encountered a similar situation or is unable to commit the time to duplicate.
    So, you'll just have to either continue searching or go through the trial/error grind .
    In fact very recently someone posted for assistance , got none , however once they solved the problem they posted the solution :
    http://www.techexams.net/forums/off-topic/100035-any-uag-direct-access-ninjas-here.html

Also, if you are having issues specifically with Cisco Packet Tracer, did you try asking Cisco? or *brace yourself* posting your question on a Cisco forum ?
    https://learningnetwork.cisco.com/threads

There are lots of questions about Cisco's Packet Tracer there:
    Such as this one! https://learningnetwork.cisco.com/thread/66556

It may not have been the response you were expecting, but some people have gone with GNS3 for various issues with Packet Tracer that they weren't able to solve or , like you, they weren't able to find solutions to.
  • Options
    LoL. Obviously us not helping him do his homework == no one here knows networking.

I know bugger all about networking, I just get every one here to do it for me :) Despite me knowing nothing CISCO are coming in next week to have a look around my latest completed project. I suppose they want to take away how not to do things :)
  • Options
    tkerbertkerber Member Posts: 223
    Bro do you even network?
  • Options
    nosoup4unosoup4u Member Posts: 365
    Techexams, I am disappoint.
  • Options
    jibbajabbajibbajabba Member Posts: 4,317 ■■■■■■■■□□
    tomislav91 wrote: »
    I am not came here for making virtual friendships. Just came excepting that someone is help me.

Nice attitude .. This is a free community of professionals trying to help each other in our spare time - with EXAM and education related topics. Even normal "tech" talk here is considered offtopic.

The only time I would EXPECT someone to help me is if I pay for the help. If I have an issue and pay for the support I EXPECT a degree of commitment.

I don't know anything about networks either .. or vmware .. or Linux .. or Windows .. I am just here for the beer ..
    My own knowledge base made public: http://open902.com :p
  • Options
    chrisonechrisone Member Posts: 2,278 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Rule of thumb on any internet tech forum.
    Seeking help for a complex task.
    1. Nothing comes free, no one will work for free in order for you to get a paycheck.
    2. Perhaps you will get pointers on documentation as to where to find your answers. "this is the norm around here"
    3. People get paid to solve complex issues.....so.....

Seeking help for low level issue.
    1. Most of them should get answered fairly quickly from what I have seen. What is complex to some may be easy for others and vice versa.
    2. It is expected you learn how to find things on your own and research to the fullest extent before asking for help.
    3. You will be pointed to documentation or tutorials instead of someone typing pages of text so you can understand an issue.

How to ask for help
    1. If it is clear you just pasted some configurations without solid explanations of the issues and where you have failed, we cannot figure out , nor want to consider taking the time to review where the issues is.
    2. If you cant describe properly your issue then we really cant help you.
    3. If its unclear what your trying to accomplish, we cannot help much.
    4. If it seems you cannot provide any proof of research, then we really cannot get an idea of what your thought process is at. If im helping someone out I like to know the history of the issue and what was done in order to achieve their goal.

I hope you don't take it the wrong way, but this will be the norm on any tech forum.
    Certs: CISSP, EnCE, OSCP, CRTP, eCTHPv2, eCPPT, eCIR, LFCS, CEH, SPLK-1002, SC-200, SC-300, AZ-900, AZ-500, VHL:Advanced+
    2023 Cert Goals: SC-100, eCPTX
  • Options
    tpatt100tpatt100 Member Posts: 2,991 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Forums work like this:

Give and take

Forums die quickly when there is just:

Take, take and expect more to take

People here have contributed tons of useful information that I have bookmarked, copied into Evernote, clipped into Pocket, etc. I have learned a ton about VMware and I have no intention of getting certified in it but it was useful for study/lab set up purposes. I know little professionally about VMware so I contribute elsewhere where I can.
    I am not came here for making virtual friendships. Just came excepting that someone is help me. But not.

This reminds me of people who use open source freeware and when a project loses support or there is a major bug, people keep asking when somebody else is going to take the project over or they want an ETA on when the bug will get fixed. If you want reliable and timely support then purchase a support contract with the vendor of your product then you have an agreement for services and payment. Otherwise? Expect support when people have time or even the knowledge to lend support.
This discussion has been closed.