Options

Seagate 2nd Internal HDD not showing the correct size

tjb122982tjb122982 Member Posts: 255 ■■■□□□□□□□
After a lot of pains of installing into my Gateway DX desktop and getting it to show the correct size time, several months ago; now my 2nd internal hdd (Seagate 4TB) is acting up again. A few days ago, everything was fine and then it just didn't showed up on Windows 7 Home Premium. I restarted and booted into the BIOS and it comes up Now then I downloaded the Seagate Discwizard and tried to add the disc again through that but it caused the blue screen of death which caused me to do a wipe and restore. The second internal HDD comes up now but it only shows 2TB and not 4TB. Is there any other tools I can use?

Comments

• Options
    ShdwmageShdwmage Member Posts: 374
    It sounds like you are hitting the 2tb limit. You probably need to change the format of the drive so it uses a file system that supports a drive of that size.
    --
    “Hey! Listen!” ~ Navi
    2013: [x] MCTS 70-680
    2014: [x] 22-801 [x] 22-802 [x] CIW Web Foundation Associate
    2015 Goals: [] 70-410
  • Options
    tjb122982tjb122982 Member Posts: 255 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Shdwmage wrote: »
    It sounds like you are hitting the 2tb limit. You probably need to change the format of the drive so it uses a file system that supports a drive of that size.

Right now, it is formatted with NTFS. Would FAT32 or exFAT work?
  • Options
    stryder144stryder144 Member Posts: 1,684 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Try formatting the drive, using NTFS as the file system, utilizing 1024 byte clusters.
    The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don't let them put you in that position. ~ Leo Buscaglia

Connect With Me || My Blog Site || Follow Me