Options

What to do next? Cyber Security / CCNP Security / CISSP?

desi121desi121 Member Posts: 39 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi Guys, I've got the following certification;

ITILV3 Foundation
Prince 2
CCENT
Cisco CCNA R&S,
Cisco CCNA Security (Just passed yesterday!)

I am 24 years old and have been working for a major UK company as a Security Analyst for the past 12 months. The work I do is more towards auditing and ISO27001 a lot of senior managers in my team have CISSP and have been told this should be my ultimate aim!

I was looking at Cisco Cyber Security and was very keen on doing this however I’ve noticed there is no training material available for this.
I've also taken a look at CCNP Security however again it seems there are not many resources for all 4 of the exams I believe you have to take. The reason why I continue to look at Cisco is I've actually enjoyed studying Cisco contents even though I've never come across Cisco hardware in my day-to-day work. The only Cisco stuff I do look at is Arch Documents so it has helped me in that sense.

My question is would it be the right time now to move on to CISSP? I've got a degree in Computer Science and have covered a few topics in regards to IT Security at University. I've taken a look at the CISSP site and as I only have 12 months experience working in Security it says I can become an associate. What do you think is it time to move on from Cisco?