CCNA lab gear help

StonedHitmanStonedHitman Member Posts: 120
So, I'm going through ebay looking for all the gear I need for a simple 2 router & 2 switch lab to start off. This is what I'm looking at.

2 of these routers: Cisco 2651XM Dual Fast Ethernet CISCO2651XM w 12 4 iOS 1 Year Warranty | eBay

2 of these switch: http://www.ebay.com/itm/261528123121

2 of these wic1t: Cisco WIC 1T 1 Port Serial Wan Interface Card Used Tested 1 yr Warranty | eBay (I plan to buy wic 2t later but for now i'll use 1t)

This rack: Cisco 12U 19" Rack CCNA CCNP CCIE Home Network Study Lab Penultimate Rack Best | eBay

Also, some rack mount ears for the routers and switches, straight through & crossover cables, db-60 cable for dce/dte serial connection(I believe this is the correct cable). I'm buying the cables from monoprice.com. Eventually I plan to make cat5 cable myself but for now i'll settle for already made cable.

Is there anything essential I need to add? (on a $300 budget, and so far my total price comes to about $260)

Anything I should ask the seller of ther routers and switch before I make the purchase?

Any help is appreciated, thanks.
Currently reading Network Warrior

Comments

• Jon_CiscoJon_Cisco Member Posts: 1,772 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Check this rack out. If I could do it over I would get a Skeletek 24U but I have two of these they are just less mobile.

OnStage RS7030 Rack Stand

Amazon.com: OnStage RS7030 Rack Stand: Musical Instruments

Personally if you are going to stay small then I would skip the rack completely. Just stack them in a corner somewhere.
  • StonedHitmanStonedHitman Member Posts: 120
    Cool, thx Jon, I'll look into that rack
  • DeathmageDeathmage Banned Posts: 2,496
    Get a Skeletek 24U rack, it won't disappoint.

also you'll need the serial cables and a edge router to connect the 2600's together.
  • StonedHitmanStonedHitman Member Posts: 120
    Deathmage wrote: »
    Get a Skeletek 24U rack, it won't disappoint.

also you'll need the serial cables and a edge router to connect the 2600's together.

What do you mean by edge router?
  • HippodromeHippodrome Member Posts: 27 ■■■□□□□□□□
    ^ yes, that's my question too.
  • --chris----chris-- Member Posts: 1,518 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Edge router = router that connects a LAN to the wan (usually the internet).
  • TehToGTehToG Member Posts: 194
    Jon_Cisco wrote: »
    Check this rack out. If I could do it over I would get a Skeletek 24U but I have two of these they are just less mobile.

OnStage RS7030 Rack Stand

Amazon.com: OnStage RS7030 Rack Stand: Musical Instruments

Personally if you are going to stay small then I would skip the rack completely. Just stack them in a corner somewhere.

This rack is way better.

It uses proper standard cagenuts and screws and is very solid. I have mine full of 2950s/3550s/2801/2600s etc and it's still perfect.
  • HippodromeHippodrome Member Posts: 27 ■■■□□□□□□□
    --chris-- wrote: »
    Edge router = router that connects a LAN to the wan (usually the internet).
    Yes I understand what it is just not in the context Deathmage is using it. You need an edge router to connect two routers together?