Options

INE Bootcamp - Has anyone considered it

silalavalsilalaval Member Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
Has anyone done or considered doing an INE Bootcamp (CCNP or CCIE)?

Investment or waste of money?

Comments

• Options
    theodoxatheodoxa Member Posts: 1,340 ■■■■□□□□□□
    It would probably cost $5K for CCNP or $10K for CCIE once you add in the cost of taking 2 weeks off work and travel expenses. On a side note, they offer the CCIE locally, but that's still a few years down the road (I'm still working on my CCNP).
    R&S: CCENT CCNA CCNP CCIE [ ]
    Security: CCNA [ ]
    Virtualization: VCA-DCV [ ]
  • Options
    silalavalsilalaval Member Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
    5.990 USD for the CCIE RS bootcamp - 10 days.

How much can you learn on a 10 day intensive course - probably a lot.. Enough to pas the exam? Im not sure? Nonetheless I think it would be a great experience and definitely an investment
  • Options
    fredrikjjfredrikjj Member Posts: 879
    Seems like complete overkill for NP. Buy the video course instead.
  • Options
    IristheangelIristheangel Mod Posts: 4,133 Mod
    Agree with Fredrikjj. It's pretty pricey for an NP. There are TONS of study resources out there both video, lab, and books that are just as useful as a boot camp and a lot more in depth.
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    Blog: www.network-node.com
  • Options
    spiderjerichospiderjericho Registered Users, Member Posts: 890 ■■■■■□□□□□
    You can self study for the NP. Use the Cert Guide or FLG, the Network Academy Lab Guide and Boson test engines. Maybe supplement with CBT Nuggets.

I attended the 10-Day R&S Bootcamp. Honestly, I'd only recommend it if you're ready to take the lab exam. I attended, never taking the written or lab exam. I learned stuff but it's more of a finishing school.

You'd probably be better investing in the lab books and all access. There was a former Marine in the class that I still talk to. And he was like all Neo in the class. And he pretty much chalked it up to doing the work books and doing some graded labs. Mind you, he went on to fail the lab exam on his first attempt (passed on his second).