Options

unencryption of password encryption

sparkeyluvsparkeyluv Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
Once you've enabled password encryption is there a way of undoing the encryption? to view the password in the configuration?

Comments

• Options
    PsychoData91PsychoData91 Member Posts: 138 ■■■□□□□□□□
    There are some websites that claim to be able to (even after it's encrypted) try them Let me google that for you
  • Options
    MTciscoguyMTciscoguy Member Posts: 552
    Why not just reset the device, not difficult to do, all of the switches and routers I have purchased, were password protected and I reset them and started over new. What type of device are you working on?
    Current Lab: 4 C2950 WS, 1 C2950G EI, 3 1841, 2 2503, Various Modules, Parts and Pieces. Dell Power Edge 1850, Dell Power Edge 1950.
  • Options
    So basically once encrypted always encrypted. I'm actually not testing but rather at work. I'm trying to figure out what the used password is. I dot ink the documentation is correct.
  • Options
    Again, what device is it you are working with. Nobody in the company kept a master password list?
    Current Lab: 4 C2950 WS, 1 C2950G EI, 3 1841, 2 2503, Various Modules, Parts and Pieces. Dell Power Edge 1850, Dell Power Edge 1950.
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    What type of encryption? Type 7 can easily be read with any number of online tools. Type 5 is a different story.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    The device is a Cisco 800 series router. Yes, there is a mater passwords list and even a ip document but I believe they are out of date.
  • Options
    How do I know what type of encryption is set?
  • Options
    What does the config say? Is it an enable secret or something just hashed with service password encryption?

Example:

enable secret 5 ;lkjfpaosiufj;jkeng - type 5
    password 7 as[0gfiajsdfojhpas - type 7
  • Options
    boot-end-marker
    !
    enable password 7 06360720425A061454
    !
    clock timezone Central -6
    clock summer-time CDT recurring
  • Options
    Take everything behind the 7 and paste it in here Cisco Type 7 Reverser - PacketLife.net.
  • Options
    Got it! Thank you all much!
  • Options
    Take everything behind the 7 and paste it in here Cisco Type 7 Reverser - PacketLife.net.

Never ceases to amaze me, I learn something new every single day I am on here.