Options

DHCP lease option missing in Packet Tracer?

PupilPupil Member Posts: 168
I was trying to configure both a router and a switch as a DHCP server and for the life of me I couldn't set lease time. The option seems to be missing in Packet Tracer.

Comments

• Options
    Jon_CiscoJon_Cisco Member Posts: 1,772 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I did not go look it up but packet tracer is a simulation and it is missing most features.

It does have almost everything you need up until CCNA but you have to fill in the gaps with other research. I still like packet tracer for the simple interface. It's easy to work with and the simulation mode is great for people first learning how networks communicate. I often call up gns3 in the background just to test commands and make sure I am not going crazy.
  • Options
    mikeybinecmikeybinec Member Posts: 484 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Jon_Cisco wrote: »
    I did not go look it up but packet tracer is a simulation and it is missing most features.

It does have almost everything you need up until CCNA but you have to fill in the gaps with other research. I still like packet tracer for the simple interface. It's easy to work with and the simulation mode is great for people first learning how networks communicate. I often call up gns3 in the background just to test commands and make sure I am not going crazy.

my view on this is if Packet Tracer does'nt have it, it wont be tested in CCNA exams

Another example is logging traps. PT only has informational-not warning, errors, notifications, etc.
    Cisco NetAcad Cuyamaca College
    A.S. LAN Management 2010 Grossmont College
    B.S. I.T. Management 2013 National University
  • Options
    PupilPupil Member Posts: 168
    I wasn't able to get a switch working as a dhcp server either. Router works fine.