Options

Sat my ICND1 exam today...

renzyboirenzyboi Member Posts: 11 ■■■□□□□□□□
and PASSED!!icon_cheers.gificon_cheers.gificon_cheers.gif

I got a score of 960.

It was my first time taking cisco exams and the simulation exam makes my heart pound really hard.
IP Subnetting makes my hand shake while writing because of the time pressure.
I had to calm down for quite sometime to remain my composure and focus on the tests.
I finished my exam in almost an hour.
It is more challenging for me compared to my recent CompTIA A+ exams.
I had a great experience.

Planning to take ICND2 after two weeks.
Wish me luck. :)

Comments

• Options
    Node ManNode Man Member Posts: 668 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations and good luck!!

What materials did you prepare with? How long did you study?
  • Options
    Thanks!
    I used CBT nuggets of Jeremy as my study material.
    I prepared for two weeks and I make sure that everyday, I must study at least 5 topics on the nugget.
    Since I already have a little background on cisco networking with my previous job, I just had to brush up
    on some topics, ios commands and of course subnetting.
  • Options
    Magic JohnsonMagic Johnson Member Posts: 414
    Wow you managed to pass just using CBT nuggets? And only in two weeks?
  • Options
    DeathmageDeathmage Banned Posts: 2,496
    renzyboi wrote: »
    and PASSED!!icon_cheers.gificon_cheers.gificon_cheers.gif

I got a score of 960.

It was my first time taking cisco exams and the simulation exam makes my heart pound really hard.
    IP Subnetting makes my hand shake while writing because of the time pressure.
    I had to calm down for quite sometime to remain my composure and focus on the tests.
    I finished my exam in almost an hour.
    It is more challenging for me compared to my recent CompTIA A+ exams.
    I had a great experience.

Planning to take ICND2 after two weeks.
    Wish me luck. :)

posts like these makes me ponder if I personally study too much and if it's overkill.
  • Options
    Cisco InfernoCisco Inferno Member Posts: 1,034 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Deathmage wrote: »
    posts like these makes me ponder if I personally study too much and if it's overkill.
    No its not overkill at all.
    I do not understand how you can go from A+ to CCENT in 2 weeks even with experience. AND not picking up a textbook.

I'd like to interview you. for my own entertainment you know icon_rolleyes.gif
    2019 Goals
    CompTIA Linux+
    [ ] Bachelor's Degree
  • Options
    Thank you guys for your kind words.

Here is the date I passed my recent exams.
    July 13 - 220-801 A+
    July 25 - 220-802 A+
    Aug 9 - 100-101 CCENT

I am currently unemployed so I need to motivate myself to get as much certifications as I wanted to.
    Honestly, I really hate studying but I already came to a point that I realize that I'm getting old and
    I want to get a better job and to do the things that I really wanted to do.
    I only have time to study during the night since I have a family and still have a part time job in the morning to finance my certifications.
    I just make sure that everyday, I must finish at least 10 videos of Professor Messer and 5 videos of CBT nuggets.
    Books are my enemy and just seeing those 2 inches thick books makes me think that I will never gonna be able to finish it.
    I think it is all about time management and setting a target date.
    The longer I prolong my test date, the more I worry.
    I was supposed to have taken my 640-802 CCNA exam way back Sept 4, 2010 (my company paid for it) but I have rescheduled it for a dozen times.
    One day, I just woke up and I forgot to reschedule my exam. I checked my pearsonvue account and saw a NO SHOW status on my exam.
    I was an idiot for not taking the test and to think that the exam fee was free.
    But now, I am back on track and I just want to prove to myself that I can do it.
    It's my motivation and my goal.
  • Options
    beach5563beach5563 Member Posts: 344 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats. I am just getting ready to start studying. I have signed up for the Chris Bryant videos at udemy.com and will probably get cbtnuggets soon. I really love Jeremy Ciora because he really gets you excited to learn. I have been in IT/Telecom since around 1999. I hate the thick books too but if its something I just HAVE to use them for I may use them but I think the videos and some good practice tests are good. I am currently working a LTelecom/Network Infrastructure tech job so I see a lot of Cisco switches in my experiences. We will be doing a major switch upgrade soon also. Anyway again congrats. Did you use any practice tests?
  • Options
    Cisco InfernoCisco Inferno Member Posts: 1,034 ■■■■■■□□□□
    What is your experience and how did you pass the CCENT in 2 weeks.
    Either you have a photographic memory or something is fishy.
    2019 Goals
    CompTIA Linux+
    [ ] Bachelor's Degree
  • Options
    I worked with an ISP wherein I am a technical support engineer.
    We troubleshoot corporate networks. The company uses cisco routers for their links.
    We also go out on the field to install, configure and troubleshoot these routers.
    The company provided all the cisco training with their engineers.
    It is required for us to take Cisco Certifications and I think its because of the partnership between cisco and the company.
  • Options
    broli720broli720 Member Posts: 394 ■■■■□□□□□□
    For me CCENT wasn't that hard (did mine in 3 weeks). Some people just grasp concepts better than others. I honestly never understood why it should take 6 moths to get a CCNA if one was serious about it.

Now, I'm assuming the OP went about this the right way i.e. he didn't use a ****...
  • Options
    Other commitments, perhaps?
  • Options
    If you want it bad enough then you'll find a way; if you don't, then you'll find an excuse. I did my masters, worked full time, made time for family, and obtained certs that complimented my work experience.

Time waits for no one...
  • Options
    That's just fantastic, but a certificate gained is a certificate gained no matter how long it takes. Yours isn't any better than mine just because you completed it in under 6 months.
  • Options
    xnxxnx Member Posts: 464 ■■■□□□□□□□
    No need to argue about it lol.

CCNA isn't 'easy' but it definitely isn't difficult compared to a engineering type degree. Some people are naturally gifted and can pick up things super quick... me personally I'm a slower learner and have had to work harder than others.....

Also if the OP works as a TSE then passing ICND1 should be no problem at all as long as you're familiar with the IOS command line, especially if he prepared to take the old CCNA composite exam in the past.
    Getting There ...

Lab Equipment: Using Cisco CSRs and 4 Switches currently
  • Options
    diggitlediggitle Member Posts: 118 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I have a co-worker that took only 4 weeks to study for the CISSP and the PCI-QSA and passed both the first time. Not only can he talk about each domain as if he's had 20 years experience but he knows security down to the very gritty detail of implementing the technology. He's only had 5 years in Information Security and its all been at a college. He is a recent hire at the company i work. Some people are gifted. He also has a masters degree in Physics, and Christian Apologetics and philosophy. I call him Tony Stark at work. I think its awesome that some folks are gifted like that. Some folks are gifted musically, academically, or athletically. I just know I'm not one of them. lol but it's fun to emulate their habits of discipline.
    c colon i net pub dubdubdub root
  • Options
    That's just fantastic, but a certificate gained is a certificate gained no matter how long it takes. Yours isn't any better than mine just because you completed it in under 6 months.

I was not implying that. I was simply stating that it is possible and that you guys shouldn't try to diminish the OP's accomplishment or make backhanded comments.
  • Options
    kbowen0188kbowen0188 Member Posts: 87 ■■□□□□□□□□
    To be fair, the teacher for the CCENT Nuggets is absolutely amazing. Out of all my college experience and online training for other certs, this guy is the best lecturer I have ever seen. I have a really hard time absorbing info from the book, but this guy gives really good examples and has really been covering almost everything.

Congrats on the pass! Don't let the negativity get to you. :)
  • Options
    broli720 wrote: »
    I was not implying that. I was simply stating that it is possible and that you guys shouldn't try to diminish the OP's accomplishment or make backhanded comments.

I was not diminishing anyone's accomplishments! I was impressed that's all! I just didn't appreciate you diminishing my accomplishment because it took longer than 6 months for me to become certified.
  • Options
    I don't recall mentioning anyone specifically so I don't know why you would take offense to that. The 6 month range is just what I usually see on here from different people.
  • Options
    For me CCENT wasn't that hard (did mine in 3 weeks). Some people just grasp concepts better than others. I honestly never understood why it should take 6 moths to get a CCNA if one was serious about it.

Now, I'm assuming the OP went about this the right way i.e. he didn't use a ****...

So I wasn't serious about it, then? Just did it for a pub bet. You got me.
  • Options
    Just to calm this 'dispute' down I'd like to add that it took me 2 weeks of studying on my Christmas university break along with 1 month of about 10 hours of reading to pass my ICND1, I just genuinely love computer networking.

In ICND1 you basically just have to know the IOS command line and basic packet / frame flows along with basic OSPF. Subnetting is a skill that once you learn you won't forget but will become slow at if you don't practice, e.g I've gone from a a 20ish score to a 7 or 8 score on subnetting.net since studying for ICNS
    Getting There ...

• Options
    @xnx no one is arguing. I just didn't like the tone from the earlier comments and just wanted to point out that it's possible to pass in the OP's time frame. I've stated my opinion on the matter so I'll leave it at that.
  • Options
    @xnx no one is arguing. I just didn't like the tone from the earlier comments and just wanted to point out that it's possible to pass in the OP's time frame. I've stated my opinion on the matter so I'll leave it at that.
    No worries, in all honesty you didn't start this argument..
    Getting There ...

• Options
    MrPuzzlezMrPuzzlez Member Posts: 89 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Cue the Final Fantasy Victory Theme!!!!
  • Options
    CiderCider Member Posts: 88 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats. Personally ive failed twice to stupid stuff so its doable.