Comments

• Options
    MSP-ITMSP-IT Member Posts: 752 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Still haven't seen this, Agent.

You should message it to me here.
  • Options
    NovaHaxNovaHax Member Posts: 502 ■■■■□□□□□□
    MrAgent wrote: »
    Speaking of nmap nse. I found a pretty amazing script. Hop on IRC, and ill pastebin you a link.
    Actually, ill just put it in the channel info

I'm intrigued...hook a brother up icon_lol.gif
  • Options
    MrAgentMrAgent Member Posts: 1,310 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Its an NSE script that checks the hosts for exploits in exploit-db and tells you which ones the host maybe be vulnerable to.
    nmap nse exploitdb script - Pastebin.com
  • Options
    NovaHaxNovaHax Member Posts: 502 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Awesome script. Could be very helpful in picking off some low hanging fruit. However, I certainly wouldn't rely on this exclusively. Its effectiveness is strictly contingent upon service names identified in Nmap matching up to those listed in ExploitDB. But like I said...very cool script that does do a lot of the work for you.

Thanks for sharing icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    Its an NSE script that checks the hosts for exploits in exploit-db and tells you which ones the host maybe be vulnerable to.
    nmap nse exploitdb script - Pastebin.com

Wow, thanks!
  • Options
    SCSI_BEARSCSI_BEAR Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi Folks,

Its been long overdue for an update but here it is. After working the last month as a Pen-tester I have not been able to spend any time on the Labs at all, but that is going to change this week as I have now got back into a routine for my new role.

Doing this kind of thing as a job and working with other experienced Pen-testers has helped me a lot, and I am looking forward to getting stuck back into the labs. In terms of labs, progress has not changed since I last posted in here, but I am confident I can make good progress now.

I will try and join up with the rest of my learned forum members in the IRC channel when I get a chance and share my experiences on the labs and on the role itself. :)

Keep your chin up folks and keep up the good work, the labs can really grind you down, but the satisfaction you get from PWNing a box makes it all worthwhile.

Anyway, I hope to see many of you in the IRC channel soon.

Regards

SCSI_BEAR
  • Options
    Thanks for the update, SCSI.

I'm glad I'm not alone in my struggles. I'm now closer to 20 lab machines pwned. Seeing as my time is expiring soon, I may as well extend it for another 90 days. I'm planning on seeing how the next month or two go, assuming I'm going to be able to dedicate a little more time toward the course over the holidays. I plan on taking the exam itself prior to my lab time expiring, just so I can have a decent idea of what I'm up against. The retake fee is low enough to make 2 attempts worth it.
  • Options
    qasimchadharqasimchadhar Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Are you guys doing exercises along with videos/pdf also planning on leaving those till the end?
  • Options
    Yes and no. I'm usually doing all the lab "dirty" work during the day when my brain is fresh and the documentation and exercises at night.
  • Options
    BuhRockBuhRock Member Posts: 71 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I'm glad I found this thread. I have started 10 days ago. I'm just now hitting module 5 as I had to complete my CCNA Security ASAP. Anyways, I have joined the IRC channel. I hope we can learn together. I have a few questions in terms of strategy for the course I'd like to ask.
  • Options
    Lab ends in 3 days.

I went to update my VMWare Workstation on Monday, but the installation failed wiping ALL of my machines and saved images from my VM (dedicated) drive. Needless to say I was/am pissed. Because the update ****ed ALL of my backups, I have to work to rewrite all of my custom scripts, rebuild loot/post-exploitation folders, and everything else that was saved on my machines. At this point I'm burned out with both studying and personal life. I don't think I can progress any further in the labs until I get my head on straight.

Seeing as though I still have access to the videos and PDF, I'll attempt to get through them a few more times before I extend my labs in mid December.
  • Options
    chopstickschopsticks Member Posts: 389
    Look like this is a real tough one to crack. I'm interested in it too but will need to complete all my set goals first before I embark on this one. All the best to you and others.
  • Options
    Killj0yKillj0y Member Posts: 39 ■■□□□□□□□□
    MSP-IT wrote: »
    Lab ends in 3 days.

I went to update my VMWare Workstation on Monday, but the installation failed wiping ALL of my machines and saved images from my VM (dedicated) drive. Needless to say I was/am pissed. Because the update ****ed ALL of my backups, I have to work to rewrite all of my custom scripts, rebuild loot/post-exploitation folders, and everything else that was saved on my machines.

Something similar happened to me with VMware Workstation. My files were there but VMware would not start the vms. Now I am not sure if you will have the same results, but I was able to get my vm's to start by using VMware converter to copy them to my VMware ESX server. Your results may vary but I figured it is worth a shot especially if it works.
    Certifications: GPEN, SMFE, CISSP, OSCE, OSCP, OSWP, Security+, CEHv6, MCSE+Sec:2003
  • Options
    Killj0y wrote: »
    Something similar happened to me with VMware Workstation. My files were there but VMware would not start the vms. Now I am not sure if you will have the same results, but I was able to get my vm's to start by using VMware converter to copy them to my VMware ESX server. Your results may vary but I figured it is worth a shot especially if it works.

Yeah, I searched all my drives and couldn't find any of the files. The drive dedicated to the VMs dropped from 40% utilization prior to the update to 3% utilization. I don't know how/why the updater would delete files like that.
  • Options
    Sorry to hear MSP!
    I am glad I went with ESXi instead of using my old copy of workstation.
    Maybe you could Look into using ESXi?
  • Options
    Sorry to hear MSP!
    I am glad I went with ESXi instead of using my old copy of workstation.
    Maybe you could Look into using ESXi?

I don't have a machine that I could use as a hypervisor to dedicate to labbing. Had I the resources, I would've went this route.
  • Options
    Lab extension planned to begin at 11/27. I'm going to go with another 90 days. Having rested a bit, I'm ready to jump back in an conquer this thing.
  • Options
    JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    Good luck MSP. I'll be following this thread closely as I'm looking at entering the fray after the New Year.
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • Options
    Thanks for the encouragement. I'll certainly need it!
  • Options
    rabb1erabb1e Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hey just came across this thread. I started the course about 2 weeks ago and it's seriously kicking my ass. I would love to collaborate if you'll have me!
  • Options
    rabb1e: Feel free to join the IRC channel.
  • Options
    rabb1e: Feel free to join the IRC channel.

great, thanks! I think it's down though?
  • Options
    No, its up. A bunch of us are there.
    irc.osswg.com #oscp
  • Options
    For those that are also struggling with this course, eLearnSecurity released their holiday promo of any full-level course for $599 or elite-level course for $799.

To ease my way through the remainder of the OSCP, I'm planning on either registering for the WAPT (for the eWPT) or PTP (eCPPT) course in the next 3 days. The discount code isn't yet available on their site, but according to the email, it's ELS-XMAS-2014

​Good luck!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Senior Member Posts: 0 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I just saw that. I'm considering purchasing the PTP course as well as a preparation to the OSCP. I haven't posted in your thread before but I have been following your progress and I think you're doing a great job! Don't take this the wrong way, but I think it's enlightening to see someone who is actually "human" against the OSCP. Typically you see people with nothing but praise for the OSCP's Try Harder mentality. I think it's also important to see people struggling with it to make it known that this is not something that's easy and that anyone can get through.
  • Options
    I think I've decided on the WAPT. Although the CPPT has some awesome material, the WAPT will like address some of my current struggles in the OSCP. It will also add some diversity to my resume as well as far as pentesting certs go.
  • Options
    xmalachi wrote: »
    I just saw that. I'm considering purchasing the PTP course as well as a preparation to the OSCP. I haven't posted in your thread before but I have been following your progress and I think you're doing a great job! Don't take this the wrong way, but I think it's enlightening to see someone who is actually "human" against the OSCP. Typically you see people with nothing but praise for the OSCP's Try Harder mentality. I think it's also important to see people struggling with it to make it known that this is not something that's easy and that anyone can get through.

I'm excited to be done with it. As far as the exam goes, while it's likely 50 days out, by the time that hits I think I should be ready. My general lack of experience in the industry has definitely played a role in my relatively slow progress.
  • Options
    I'm excited to be done with it. As far as the exam goes, while it's likely 50 days out, by the time that hits I think I should be ready. My general lack of experience in the industry has definitely played a role in my relatively slow progress.

I just finished the course work today and have 43 days left of lab time. I'm right there with you in the experience boat. Just from going through the course I've come to realize I may have bit off more than I can chew. It's definitely going to be a stressful couple of weeks
  • Options
    ZoovashZoovash Member Posts: 84 ■■□□□□□□□□
    If you subscribed to eLearnSecurity's mailing list, there's also another promotion available. It's an all access pass, you can get the Elite Edition of all their courses (exam and lab time included) for $3999 . Here's the official link: https://www.elearnsecurity.com/offers/all_access.php
  • Options
    JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    I think I've decided on the WAPT. Although the CPPT has some awesome material, the WAPT will like address some of my current struggles in the OSCP. It will also add some diversity to my resume as well as far as pentesting certs go.

Hey MSP, what exactly in the WAPT syllabus do you think will help you with the OSCP? I would think the PTP would be the better course to give you what you need to make it through the OSCP. I know the PTP does have some web app stuff in it, in addition to all of the other pentesting areas that could help you out. I'm getting closer to wanting to pull the trigger on OSCP, but with the new $150 off promo at eLS I'm thinking of doing the PTP first.
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework