Financial Security Certification(s) Advice

jaayw1jaayw1 Member Posts: 28 ■■■□□□□□□□
I currently work in financial sector where I have to coordinate with departments and providers to get my organization in compliance with GLBA and PCI regulations. With that being said, I have a long history of security experience and regulation knowledge (PCI primarily) and several industry professional certifications. Is there a certification available that will aid in my knowledge (gaps) growth that focuses strictly on the financial security sector? I took a look at the CFSSP are there any other I am unaware of?

Thanks.

Comments

• Vask3nVask3n Member Posts: 517
    Back at a previous job when we were doing PCI briefings with an external agency, I believe the people had the QSA certification (Qualified Security Assessor) which is pretty much in line with auditing. I am not too familiar with it myself, is it something that you have heard of?
    Working on MS-ISA at Western Governor's University
  • JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    Like Vask3n said, PCI has several certifications that would fit what you do. Likewise have you considered going back with ISACA and doing the CISA? Seems to fit with auditing systems against GLBA and PCI compliance, and identifying a corrective action plan.
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • colemiccolemic Member Posts: 1,569 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Vask3n wrote: »
    Back at a previous job when we were doing PCI briefings with an external agency, I believe the people had the QSA certification (Qualified Security Assessor) which is pretty much in line with auditing. I am not too familiar with it myself, is it something that you have heard of?

QSA will depend on your employer; I would love to have it but you have to be employed by an approved QSA company:

https://www.pcisecuritystandards.org/approved_companies_providers/qsa_companies.php
    Working on: staying alive and staying employed
  • Vask3nVask3n Member Posts: 517
    colemic wrote: »
    QSA will depend on your employer; I would love to have it but you have to be employed by an approved QSA company:

https://www.pcisecuritystandards.org/approved_companies_providers/qsa_companies.php

Interesting, good to know
    Working on MS-ISA at Western Governor's University