Time

registrantregistrant Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi guys,

If 23:59 is the 17th and 00:01 is the 18th do you call the minute inbetween these times midnight of the 17th or midnight of the 18th?

Thanks.

Comments

• ehndeehnde Member Posts: 1,103
    0000 is the first minute of the day. Think like an array, where you start counting at zero :)
    Climb a mountain, tell no one.
  • DevilWAHDevilWAH Member Posts: 2,997 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Personal I would call it midnight of the 17th, because i would usual use the sentence

"I will meet you at midnight tonight" or "yesterday at midnight" I would not use "this morning at midnight"

Strictly speaking Ehnde is correct with the fact 0 is always the first item of a list of course :)
    • If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
    • An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties. It means that its going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming.
  • HeeroHeero Member Posts: 486
    11:59:59pm = 17th
    12:00:00am = 18th
  • SouthSeaPirateSouthSeaPirate Member Posts: 173
    If the reason you ask is to notify of outages and the like, I will always follow it with something like; 'Monday night to Tuesday morning' or simply 'online by 6am Tuesday'. I agree with Heero.