Options

Can you install another Terminal service

J_Jones89J_Jones89 Member Posts: 38 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hello ppl,

Got a simple question I was doing some practice while watching cbt nuggets for the CCent. I got to a point where i was setting up the switch for SSH. Long story short i the protocol set up. Just don't have an addition terminal service to ssh into the switch. Jeremy on his CBt vids show him actually hooked up to the switch. I am using packet tracer. Is there a way install a service for this program or does Gn3 have this ability?

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    OfWolfAndManOfWolfAndMan Member Posts: 923 ■■■■□□□□□□
    There is an option in GNS3 where you can add the terminal program you want I.e. putty, teraterm, securecrt, superputty, etc. Just make sure you have the program installed and set the directory in preferences. As for packet tracker, you're stuck with what you have
    :study:Reading: Lab Books, Ansible Documentation, Python Cookbook 2018 Goals: More Ansible/Python work for Automation, IPSpace Automation Course [X], Build Jenkins Framework for Network Automation []
  • Options
    TechGuru80TechGuru80 Member Posts: 1,539 ■■■■■■□□□□
    PT is an enclosed application. Everything is done within the software, where GNS3 allows for virtualization thus allows you to use actual terminal applications.
  • Options
    J_Jones89J_Jones89 Member Posts: 38 ■■□□□□□□□□
    TechGuru80 wrote: »
    PT is an enclosed application. Everything is done within the software, where GNS3 allows for virtualization thus allows you to use actual terminal applications.

Ok man that explain why I can do certain things like Im seeing while i watch the cbts and preform the commands. Thanks for the reply TechGuru80