Options

frame-relay inactive status

john_samsonjohn_samson Member Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
hi
i have a few doubt questions ,can anyone plz explain to me?
1)what does the "inactive" status means in fr-relay?
2)Is TCP a Routed or Routing protocol?
3)what does the "deleted" status means in fr-relay? does it mean that if a frame-relay switch is configured with "DLCI" 101 but the connected router has DLCI value of 102 ,then will it show "deleted"?

Comments

• Options
    DCDDCD Member Posts: 473 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Q-1&3. Means there is a problem along the path to the remote router but usually it the remote router. So check to make sure the line is up and mapping is correct. DLCI are local significant.
  • Options
    devils_haircutdevils_haircut Member Posts: 284 ■■■□□□□□□□
    1) It means that there is a problem, most likely with the LMI configurations differing between your local device and the remote device
    2) TCP is not a routing protocol....routing protocols would be RIP, OSPF, BGP, etc.
    3) "deleted" means there is a problem with the local router, such as a DLCI mismatch between your local router and the remote one

LINK: Troubleshooting Frame Relay | Intense School

ANOTHER LINK: Troubleshooting Remote Access | Scenario 2: Mismatched DLCI Settings | InformIT
  • Options
    mikeybinecmikeybinec Member Posts: 484 ■■■□□□□□□□
    inactive---problem is on the other side

deleted---problem is on your side
    Cisco NetAcad Cuyamaca College
    A.S. LAN Management 2010 Grossmont College
    B.S. I.T. Management 2013 National University
  • Options
    Magic JohnsonMagic Johnson Member Posts: 414
    Routing protocol = OSPF, EIGRP, RIP etc
    Routed protocol = IP, Appletalk etc
  • Options
    devilshaircut i think u r wrong. deleted means mismatch between local fr-rel switch and local router not remote router , u all said prob betwen remote routers. thats not correct
    and inactive means lmi is not working.
    Also,giving free advices in forum doesnt mean you will give wrong info or post links . That proves ur cert is useless and you havent gained any fruitful knowledge of networking!!!
    ITS BETTER NOT TO ANSWER THAN POSTING LINKS OR GIVING HALF OR WRONG INFORMATION.
  • Options
    devils_haircutdevils_haircut Member Posts: 284 ■■■□□□□□□□
    ^^You might want to study a bit more before accusing 3 other CCNA/CCENT holders of being incorrect.

A PVC status of "deleted" most likely means that your DLCI config is wrong on your local router. That is exactly what I said.

I also said that "inactive" means a problem with the LMI configuration. Which is what you are saying in your post.

You might want to calm down and work on your reading comprehension a bit.
  • Options
    Jon_CiscoJon_Cisco Member Posts: 1,772 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Also,giving free advices in forum doesnt mean you will give wrong info or post links . That proves ur cert is useless and you havent gained any fruitful knowledge of networking!!!
    ITS BETTER NOT TO ANSWER THAN POSTING LINKS OR GIVING HALF OR WRONG INFORMATION.

Why do you ask for help if you don't appreciate it. Is your point on this forum to find something you don't like and then cry about free help?

On a certification forum I find it is better to engage and learn together. If you think you have the answers why ask us. If you think you found a better answer why not discuss it?

I would say it is better not to post a question if you don't want to discuss the answer.
  • Options
    Hello John_Cisco,
    Just like you are asking me aggressively, I once got angered and did those aggressive remarks! And just you are asking me, I may ask you back -
    "WHY ARE YOU SHOUTING LIKE THESE ON MY EVERY POST FOR OTHERS, WHEN YOU YOURSELF DIDN'T CARE TO ANSWER. WHERE WERE YOU WHEN I ASKED THOSE QUESTIONS IN THIS FORUM??
    WHY YOU YOURSELF DIDN'T CARED TO ANSWER MY QUESTIONS AND NOW YOU ARE SHOUTING AND PROTESTING?"
    icon_razz.gif
    Further , I would like to point you out john_cisco that by asking questions here -I AM AS WELL SHARING SOME KNOWLEDGE DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY WITH OTHERS THAT MIGHT DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY HELP OTHERS AS WELL ,EVEN IF IT MAY NOT MATTER TO PEOPLE LIKE YOU OR SOME OF YOU.
    Asking for answers in free forums like this doesn't mean that I am not contributing as well.
    Sometimes I also read others questions posted even though it never occurred to me or initially appeared unimportant to me. But later i found that it was indeed opened new insights for me or provoked me to think that may help me in future either in job or in studies .
    So don't think that you all who answers will always have the upper-hand and say anything or rebuke if the OP posts something not to the answerer's liking!
    We are all humane and bound to mistakes.
    And to smarkyo and people like you, before suggesting me to read books like "how to influence people" apply that same knowledge here as well. You cannot clap with one arm, just as you expect me to respect you ,you should reciprocate as well.
    It doesnt mean that you are some senior or have lots of friends ,doesn't entitle you to think like some superior .
    You should also reach out your hand for friendship!
    icon_smile.gif
  • Options
    StaunchyStaunchy Member Posts: 180
    Hello John_Cisco,
    Just like you are asking me aggressively, I once got angered and did those aggressive remarks! And just you are asking me, I may ask you back -
    "WHY ARE YOU SHOUTING LIKE THESE ON MY EVERY POST FOR OTHERS, WHEN YOU YOURSELF DIDN'T CARE TO ANSWER. WHERE WERE YOU WHEN I ASKED THOSE QUESTIONS IN THIS FORUM??
    WHY YOU YOURSELF DIDN'T CARED TO ANSWER MY QUESTIONS AND NOW YOU ARE SHOUTING AND PROTESTING?"
    icon_razz.gif
    Further , I would like to point you out john_cisco that by asking questions here -I AM AS WELL SHARING SOME KNOWLEDGE DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY WITH OTHERS THAT MIGHT DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY HELP OTHERS AS WELL ,EVEN IF IT MAY NOT MATTER TO PEOPLE LIKE YOU OR SOME OF YOU.
    Asking for answers in free forums like this doesn't mean that I am not contributing as well.
    Sometimes I also read others questions posted even though it never occurred to me or initially appeared unimportant to me. But later i found that it was indeed opened new insights for me or provoked me to think that may help me in future either in job or in studies .
    So don't think that you all who answers will always have the upper-hand and say anything or rebuke if the OP posts something not to the answerer's liking!
    We are all humane and bound to mistakes.
    And to smarkyo and people like you, before suggesting me to read books like "how to influence people" apply that same knowledge here as well. You cannot clap with one arm, just as you expect me to respect you ,you should reciprocate as well.
    It doesnt mean that you are some senior or have lots of friends ,doesn't entitle you to think like some superior .
    You should also reach out your hand for friendship!
    icon_smile.gif

1st of for someone that is aged 35+ and has no IT experience I would recommend when you ask questions you listen more to peoples advice then being an arrogant punk thinking he knows everything and tell them they are wrong. What you read in books doesn't always work the same in real life.

2ndly I would recommend you go back and read your ICND1 study guide AGAIN because from reading your question, 1 you brain dumped the CCENT exam and 2 if you studied properly for ICND1 you would know what TCP is as well as the difference between a routing and routed protocol.

3rdly You should better change your attitude if you want to work in IT because I can tell you now if you continue having such an attitude no company will employ you and if you are lucky to get a job you are going to get fired very quickly.
    2016 Goals: CCNP R&S, CCNA Security, CCNP Security
    LinkedIn
  • Options
    Jon_CiscoJon_Cisco Member Posts: 1,772 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Here is my first post from your last thread that you lashed out on for no apparent reason.

"The lines that you have given us don't really provide enough information to determine what is going on. I would expect the numbers to be the same if everything was set to defaults.

As for the Reported distance question. It has to do with knowing a path is loop free. A router can know many paths but it will only use loop free paths instantly.

You will want to look up the process of determining a loop free path and it should explain why the last hop is ignored in that calculation.

Good Luck."

I was both polite and informative. To me that is reaching out to help active members. I never attempt to put the answer on a post as this forum is meant for certification training so most members appreciate a tip or two then the figure it out as they go. I don't know why your angry. I doubt it has anything to do with the forums. I wish you the best of luck still as we are all here to help each other.

Jon
  • Options
    Staunchy

I will like to say something to you and to others like you in this forum-

"THE MOTHER OF A THIEF IS THE LOUDEST IN DENUNCIATION"

You are saying that I used **** to pass CCENT,I can say the same about you. What proof is there that you never used **** yourself?
    I have read once that most senior networkers and veterans who are now well established in the networking career at least once used Braindumps . lol
    You seem to me an "EXCEPTION"!! ohh I see? you are really great that you never used **** like so many other great networkers!!
    LOL
    icon_lol.gif
    Maybe you know the symptoms of using **** very well ,that is why you easily judged me as a user of ****.

"ALL SEEMS YELLOW TO THE JAUNDICED EYE"
  • Options
    blatiniblatini Member Posts: 285
    What's the point in asking a question if you believe you already know the answer/plan to argue when people respond?
  • Options
    I donot argue ,it is you all who are continuing this useless arguments. And further more some are insulting me saying I used "****" . I never alleged someone by saying this . This is an insult to me . So I just felt I need to reply back.
    Now for Heaven's sake please dont irrritate me by posting any more in this discussion .
    I request the Mods to delete or close this post.
    And I have decided to stop visiting this forum anymore.
    Good Bye!!!
  • Options
    I am not arguing I am just replying to the insult he made by telling me I used "****" . Anyways I have decided to stop visiting this forum anymore . And I request all to stop posting to my post here anymore as I will not reply to any of the abuses you all are making against me.
    And blatini ,I know like others you are on their side. But when did I say I know the answer but I do realize if the answer given to my question is in the right or wrong direction. So stop saying foolish things like "I know the answer" and " I am arguing" .
    And who told you that i am inexperienced? I have more than 4 years experience in IT programming. So if I dont get job in networking I will go back to softwares. Not an issue.
    Good day & Good Bye!!!
  • Options
    no!all!no!all! Member Posts: 245 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I love these kinds of threads
    A+, N+, S+, CCNA:RS, CCNA:Sec

"In high society TCP is more welcome than UDP. At least it knows a proper handshake" - Ben Franklin

2019 Goals: CCNP:RS & relocate to St. Pete, FL!
  • Options
    mikeybinecmikeybinec Member Posts: 484 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Cisco NetAcad Cuyamaca College
    A.S. LAN Management 2010 Grossmont College
    B.S. I.T. Management 2013 National University