Options

thoughts on 2821 router for CCNA lab?

StonedHitmanStonedHitman Member Posts: 120
Saw a couple used but pretty decent 2821 routers for 70-90 bucks on ebay. The price is very tempting, plus i'll be buying a 48 port switch with 2 Gig ports. Thought I'd add these to my current lab. I like that this router has security features that my current routers are lacking.

Also, does the 16 port FE module allow you to connect a gig router to a FE router or is that module just for switching ports?
Currently reading Network Warrior

Comments

• Options
    jeff113jeff113 Member Posts: 44 ■■□□□□□□□□
    The router is way more then enough for a ccna lab. i have 2811's in my CCIE lab.
  • Options
    mikeybinecmikeybinec Member Posts: 484 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I wanna get any type router that runs ios 15, for ipV6. Not sure what's the going rate for a somewhat inexpensive one. Must have WIC (preferably DB60 types) and Ethernet capability.
    Cisco NetAcad Cuyamaca College
    A.S. LAN Management 2010 Grossmont College
    B.S. I.T. Management 2013 National University
  • Options
    MTciscoguyMTciscoguy Member Posts: 552
    Cisco 1841, Cisco 1841 The best value in the market for doing these labs and classes! WIC slots, IPV6, IOS 15XX and I have 5 of them now and have not paid over $50 for any of them!
    Current Lab: 4 C2950 WS, 1 C2950G EI, 3 1841, 2 2503, Various Modules, Parts and Pieces. Dell Power Edge 1850, Dell Power Edge 1950.
  • Options
    mikeybinecmikeybinec Member Posts: 484 ■■■□□□□□□□
    sold!!! thanks for the information, Montana icon_cheers.gif
    Cisco NetAcad Cuyamaca College
    A.S. LAN Management 2010 Grossmont College
    B.S. I.T. Management 2013 National University
  • Options
    powmiapowmia Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 322
    If you have a CCO account... the CSR 1000v iso is free. I would consider that pretty good value for the money. It runs the latest code from IOS XE.