Options

Test preps

fugi1fugi1 Member Posts: 58 ■■□□□□□□□□
Why is everyone going on about the Trancender's practice exams? I bought the test prep from Total Seminar's and i believe it's better. Not only does it contain far more questions, it includes ones from the hardware and the OS with answers and explanations and it's cheaper!
If anyone has tried both and disagrees then please let me know

Comments

• Options
    RussSRussS Member Posts: 2,068 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I haven't actually used the Transcender for A+, however I know for other exams that the questions & explainations are very well thought out. As for Totalsem - I am guessing that you are referring to the A+ Premuim Practice Exam disk and not the one that comes with the AIO book?

Yes that is a great resource and I think should be very good for getting ready for the exam. It does not however have questions from the real Comptia exam - close enough to put you on the right track though :)
    www.supercross.com
    FIM website of the year 2007
  • Options
    DrakonblaydeDrakonblayde Member Posts: 542
    The Transcenders are overkill, that's why they're so good. If you can score around 90% on them, you're ready for the test. Hell one of my teachers was telling us about how he used the Transcender stuff to prep for one of his MCSE tests. He finished it in 10 minutes and was so disappointed in being that ready for a test, he didn't touch the Transcenders for the other tests just so he could feel like he was actually accomplishing something.

Me, I'm not that needful ;) What's worked well for me on the A+ and Net+ has been studying from two different books and then prepping for the exam with the Transcenders. This seems to work well, so I'm going to continue with that route for all three MCSA exams.
    = Marcus Drakonblayde
    ================
    CCNP-O-Meter:
    =[0%]==[25%]==[50%]==[75%]==[100%]
    ==[X]===[X]====[ ]=====[ ]====[ ]==
    =CCNA==BSCI==BCMSN==BCRAN==CIT=
  • Options
    trick000trick000 Member Posts: 89 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Actually I thought Sybex exams were more overkill than transcender's. I think transcender is the perfect mix. Bow to transcender! hehe...
  • Options
    ktinnellktinnell Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I currrently have the tansender program available to me, I would have to
    agree on the overkill thing.
    I have passed the A+ Hardware and am currently working on the OS portion
    of the certification. Transender did not actually help me out on the
    Hardware from my opnion but is a good learning tool.
    We shall see how it works out come Friday when I am scheduled
    to take the OS test.
  • Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Nice to see one of our early members posted something, but you might want to update your profile.. ..the Interests field has changed to "certifications"

Welcome back icon_wink.gif
  • Options
    Lost_In_UtahLost_In_Utah Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    You're taking the OS on Friday also? Well hey, good luck! :D
  • Options
    fugi1fugi1 Member Posts: 58 ■■□□□□□□□□
    i tell you what the test questions on transcender's is totally different to totalsem and much harder! i thought i was fully prepared after scoring consistently high marks on the totalsem tests but today i've been well exposed. :o
  • Options
    ghaoufghaouf Inactive Imported Users Posts: 317
    that is the beuty of transender :D