Options

INCD1 Exam done today

CiderCider Member Posts: 88 ■■□□□□□□□□
Some backstory.

Been working in tier 1/2 support for a couple of years. Got my N+ back in 2009 and one or two MS Certs. In December last year there was talk of a network admin position coming up in the IT department (my support is external , not internal).

Not really having looked at Cisco before I decided to order the Official cert guide and watch Jeremy with CBT Nuggets.

I failed in March with 801. I believe this is one question shy of a pass.

This time around I asked my company in NYC (im in israel) to send me two switches they had lying around. I got familiar with them and used GNS3 for the rest. The position entailed BGP and EIGRP so I concentrated on those and didnt do OSPF.

Scheduled May and failed again with around 800.

At this point I was pretty lost and decided to get the Boson Practise exams. This went well in simulation mode where it explains to answers etc. However after about 2 months of doing these tests it sort of became second nature to choose the answer as it was memorized in my head. I made another post here asking if people have had the same experience.

Anyhow , I passed with 888. Now sure how many questions are wrong there but I was still quite nervous at some questions, not because they are hard but the way its worded.

At the end of the day I found Boson to be good with CBT nuggets exam walkthrough and Jeremy on ICND1. I also went through Chris Bryant's course but found it to be lacking to keep me motivated and on course. His material is good but the level of concentration you have to have with him was too much for me, to put it bluntly , hes boring.

Since I have gone through EIGRP and STP for the position quite intensely I will try and do my ICND2 by the end of the year.

Comments

• Options
    10Linefigure10Linefigure Member Posts: 368 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass! I would highly recommend the Sybex book by Todd Lammle it has access to CBTmicroNuggets for free with it. And keep labbing! Good luck!
    CCNP R&S, Security+
    B.S. Geography - Business Minor
    MicroMasters - CyberSecurity
    Professional Certificate - IT Project Management
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    tuleeohtuleeoh Member Posts: 78 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    chickenlicken09chickenlicken09 Member Posts: 537 ■■■■□□□□□□
    how much labbing did you do?
  • Options
    CiderCider Member Posts: 88 ■■□□□□□□□□
    eddo1 wrote: »
    how much labbing did you do?

Labbing on OSPF, not much. However labbing in general, quite abit on GNS3.
  • Options
    StonedHitmanStonedHitman Member Posts: 120
    good stuff, man
    Currently reading Network Warrior
  • Options
    VIDEODROMEVIDEODROME Member Posts: 30 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Do you still get access to the CBTmicroNuggets if you order Todd Lammle's book on Kindle? Do you receive a code or something to access them on the web?
  • Options
    mikeybinecmikeybinec Member Posts: 484 ■■■□□□□□□□
    It's actually called CBT "micro" Nuggets--more of a slimmed down version of the the paid version. Useful and informative

ccna.gg/ch1/a
    Cisco NetAcad Cuyamaca College
    A.S. LAN Management 2010 Grossmont College
    B.S. I.T. Management 2013 National University