Options

What positions should i try applying for (Entry Level)

tamekaog123tamekaog123 Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
I just graduated associates in Networking technology... studying for A+cert to get my foot in someones door but im a lil concerned if i could get anything with just a degree until im certified..hv to stop doubting myself

Comments

• Options
    jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    You can get a job without a degree.

What type of job would like to do? There are a lot of people on this site that are good at helping someone figure out where they might want to go. Maybe you should try applying to computer repair positions or some help desk positions. Does your college/university have a work study program? Did you try to look for positions for computers/helpdesk there?

I suggest that you upload your resume and ask someone to look at it. Just make sure that you block out the important contact information.
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
  • Options
    tamekaog123tamekaog123 Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Not sure bout work study program but i will definitely check it out an im updating resume now...but the help desk positions i always thought u needed a degree or at least a cert...but imma try looking into getting some certications was what i always thought would get me somewhere
  • Options
    pevangelpevangel Member Posts: 342
    Certifications help a lot if you have no experience. It's a quick way for HR to check if you at least have the minimum knowledge required for the job. A+ is probably the ultimate entry level cert. If you want to get into a networking position, then Network+ and/or CCNA are great certs to have.
  • Options
    pinkydapimppinkydapimp Member Posts: 732 ■■■■■□□□□□
    look for any IT job you can find really. Look at the job boards, see what they require in your area if get those skills. A+ and Net+ will likely be a good start though and you can bang those out pretty quickly.
  • Options
    CyberfiSecurityCyberfiSecurity Member Posts: 184
    You should start with applying for Technical Support/ Desktop Support/technician. Honestly, just apply for anybody that with your knowledge. It does not hurt if they reject your application. Worst case scenario, they just don't response to your application.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Vice President | Citigroup, Inc.
    President/CEO | Agility Fidelis, Inc.