Options

Just passed Security+ (JK0-018)

jasonincognitojasonincognito Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
Just passed my Security+ with an 869!

Darrill Gibson's book and Android study app, and the WGU LabSim materials, were my primary study aids, but I also spent time studying the videos over at IT Pro TV, and highly recommend them. The hosts are a bit corny, but it's a lot more in depth than I got from Professor Messer, and their practical demonstrations are very informative and useful. For me at least it was worth the bit of coin that it cost0.

Comments

• Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif

What's next certification wise?
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    sbucklandsbuckland Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the Pass. What was you scoring in Labsim before you took the test. Are you a WGU Student?
  • Options
    jasonincognitojasonincognito Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I am indeed in WGU, and my Labsim scores were between 85-95% before I attempted Security+. Labsim was fairly good prep, especially for the practical portions of the exam. uCertify was completely worthless--someone should put that platform out to pasture.

As for what is next, the next cert in my WGU program is MTA 98-361 (Software Dev Fundamentals), which isn't terribly exciting, but I do have CCENT/CCNA up pretty quick after that, and that's a bit more exciting.