Options

WGU: BS IT Network Design & Management - Completed!

srabieesrabiee Member Posts: 1,231 ■■■■■■■■□□
Got it done in 2.5 terms with 44 CU's transferred. Capstone done, only thing left to do is fill out the graduation paperwork. Can't believe it's over. icon_cheers.gif

Thinking about proceeding immediately into the MSIT IT Management degree. I hate the thought of writing MORE papers right away, but I'd like to get it done sooner than later.

Anyways, if I can do it, anyone can do it. Seriously. icon_wink.gif
WGU Progress: Master of Science - Information Technology Management (Start Date: February 1, 2015)
Completed: LYT2, TFT2, JIT2, MCT2, LZT2, SJT2 (17 CU's)
Required: FXT2, MAT2, MBT2, C391, C392 (13 CU's)

Bachelor of Science - Information Technology Network Design & Management (WGU - Completed August 2014)

Comments

• Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Congrats on the achievement!
  • Options
    SephStormSephStorm Member Posts: 1,731 ■■■■■■■□□□
    What did you transfer in? And how many classes did you take a semester?
  • Options
    CyberfiSecurityCyberfiSecurity Member Posts: 184
    Congrats! What's next? Georgia Tech/ Udacity/ AT&T has a degree Online Master Computer Science for less than $6,000.00.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Vice President | Citigroup, Inc.
    President/CEO | Agility Fidelis, Inc.
  • Options
    I transferred in roughly 3 semesters from a local college, A+, Server+, Network+, Security+, and MCSA: Windows 7. 44 CU's total.

My first term I did 41 CU's, second term was 24 CU's, final term was the remaining 12 CU's which only took me half the term to complete. The 2nd term was mostly Microsoft MCITP Enterprise Administrator courses and really stalled my progress. It was tough material.

Next is most likely MS: IT Management from WGU. I'm going to speak with the Continuing Education department on Monday.
    WGU Progress: Master of Science - Information Technology Management (Start Date: February 1, 2015)

Bachelor of Science - Information Technology Network Design & Management (WGU - Completed August 2014)
  • Options
    snunez889snunez889 Member Posts: 238 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congrats, I have about a few units left as well in the same track. I cant wait till its over, dang micro soft class bug me.
  • Options
    AverageJoeAverageJoe Member Posts: 316 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats! That's a great achievement!
  • Options
    pevangelpevangel Member Posts: 342
    Congrats and good luck with the Master's!
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats and good luck in Masters program!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    100k100k Member Posts: 196
    Congrats just finished my program Friday. Are you going to the graduation ceremony in ATL?
  • Options
    I was thinking about it, but I haven't received the details yet. Do you know when it will be?

• Options
    CertinatorCertinator Member Posts: 43 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats!!! I'm not too far behind you. My mentor said that the commencement was suppose to be around February but wasn't sure of the exact date.
  • Options
    ajs1976ajs1976 Member Posts: 1,945 ■■■■□□□□□□
    congrats
    Andy

2020 Goals: 0 of 2 courses complete, 0 of 2 exams complete
  • Options
    coralreefguycoralreefguy Member Posts: 98 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations! I did the same (A+, Net+, Sec+, MCSA:W7) and with my three semesters of college transferred in 45 CU to the IT - Security track. I started this month and have already completed two classes, closing in on my third for a solid 12 CU's in my first month. I hope to be done within 2 terms total, barring the CCNA R&S and CCNA Security exams don't halt my progress for too long.

Best of luck - interested to see what master's program you go for!
    System Administrator / DevOps guy

2015 passed: CCNA R/S, CCNA Sec, Project+, VCP5-DCV
    2016 goals: MCSE Server 2012; continue to use/learn more Chef w/Ruby and Powershell on Azure
  • Options
    100k100k Member Posts: 196
    Certinator wrote: »
    Congrats!!! I'm not too far behind you. My mentor said that the commencement was suppose to be around February but wasn't sure of the exact date.
    From what I have seen previously its on the 7th or 8th of February.
  • Options
    coffeeluvrcoffeeluvr Member Posts: 734 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congratulations!! What a great feeling to be finished!!!
    "Something feels funny, I must be thinking too hard. - Pooh"