Options

ICND1 Passed

rocdamikerocdamike Member Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
I took the ICND1 exam today and passed with a score of 94.7%. I am extremely happy that my hard work has paid off. I typed up 12,535 words of notes in the end and labbed considerably. Resources I used were:

- Commsupport.co.uk CCNA course (very little prior knowledge when I started this course in January. Wish I took the course after self-studying)
- Todd Lammle's CCENT book
- Chris Bryant's Udemy Videos
- A few of Andrew Crouthamel's Youtube Videos
- A few of Dan's Courses Youtube Videos
- Boson Practice Exams

Going to start studying for the ICND2 next week!

Comments

• Options
    Scorp6Scorp6 Member Posts: 56 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Awesome!! Congratulations on getting off to a great start in your Cisco professional career! I just felt like CCENT was a minor checkbox before I got CCNA but when I got it I can't explain how amazing. It felt! Enjoy it!!
  • Options
    Justin-Justin- Member Posts: 300
    Great work buddy! What did you use to lab? Real live equipment or Packet Tracer or ?

Also, how long did you study for? How many days / hours per day?

Congrats!!
  • Options
    tuleeohtuleeoh Member Posts: 78 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratz bud! Happy studying
  • Options
    rocdamikerocdamike Member Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Cheers guys. I used Packet Tracer for all my labs. I can't give an accurate answer with regards to how many days I studied. I did a 5 day CCNA bootcamp in January, but didn't retain a lot of the information (my fault as I should have done the bootcamp after). Then I spent a few weeks of solid studying and then I slacked off for a bit. I then did my ITIL foundation in March to gain back momentum. I would say that I have spent a total of 6 months studying and approximately 2-3 hours a day (after work and on weekends). I guess this is a lot of time to spend just on ICND1, but I wanted to take the time to go through the content properly as I am a firm believer that a good foundation of knowledge is essential.
  • Options
    Jon_CiscoJon_Cisco Member Posts: 1,772 ■■■■■■■■□□