Options

200-120 CCNA exam this Tuesday!

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Senior MemberPosts: 0 ■■□□□□□□□□
Well TE:

After waiting an entire year since I last took the 200-120, I have another chance at this exam! Anyone who has taken this exam recently have any advice to give?(No breaking NDA) I used the following study materials:

1: CCNA in 60 days challenge (eBook and course)
2: Live rack (2950s and 1841s IOS 12.4)
3: Boson practice exams (100-101)
4: Chris Bryant (100-101 and 200-101 eBooks)

I found Paul's material very insightful and well organized and learned a lot about the Cisco operating system and networking in general and a lot of the practice exams I took had questions almost exactly as Paul had covered in his course.

Also, if someone could answer this for me also, that would be great: I know that Cisco exams are anything on the syllabus goes, but did anyone in reality have questions such as HSRP,VRRP or GLBP/Frame Relay? I glanced over this material but I understand the theory and how to set these protocols up.

Comments

• Options
    shyrjiinshyrjiin Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Took 200-120 on Friday with a 986, I have heard of people having questions on the subjects you mentioned but I only saw questions on Frame Relay. Netflow is a popular subject as well. I would be familiar with EIGRP, Access Control Lists, and of course STP/RSTP as those seem to be popular as of late...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Senior Member Posts: 0 ■■□□□□□□□□
    How long have you been in the field? I am only in college with 1 year left to go. I am aware of EIGRP and Access lists and STP/RSTP, Does Cisco just ask questions more about what Netflow is and what Syslog is or more with configuration? Also, where you tested on PVST+?
  • Options
    Well, I just scheduled my exam for tomorrow at 9am. Hope it goes well.
  • Options
    Well, I failed 588 icon_sad.gif I had a lot of questions on STP, Access lists and everything mentioned in this thread.
  • Options
    I really feel my confidence dropped a lot since taking this exam. It has been 1 year since I passed a certification and I feel that I'm incompitent. Any advice to keep on going?
  • Options
    davenulldavenull Member Posts: 173 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Take CCENT first, then CCNA. The composite exam covers a lot more topics, it was designed for folks with a lot of experience, who just need to renew their CCNA or to validate their knowledge.
  • Options
    Adam BAdam B Member Posts: 108 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I agree with this. Do the CCENT first, then CCNA. thats how I did it. CCENT is much easier than CCNA 200-101 in my opinion, and the 200-120 just seems very overwhelming with all the topics you must know. I'd take it piece by piece you are in no way incompetent don't feel like that, seriously. You can do it man
    2015 Goals: CCNP SWITCH [] SEC+ [ ] CCNP ROUTE [ ] CCNP TSHOOT [ ]

• Options
    That is what I decided on doing. I had to finish this voucher as it was about to expire. I worked with a bunch of (jerks to call them nicely) and beat my confidence and drive down to a bitter pulp. I have just been failing my IT certifications lately (Server+ with a 723 now this) and I am just greatly discouraged icon_sad.gif I fell that all my hard work (college and my previous certifications) are just for nothing. (Not trying to be a "Debbie Downer" just stating it how it is in my current situation) The question is, how much easier? I have decent study materials for the exam but the major simulation questions (the big and nasty ones) get me everytime. I barely finished my exam (had to use educated guesses for the last half or so) How did you guys deal with speed on the exam when it came to the big simulation questions(not the simlet or testlet)?
  • Options
    10Linefigure10Linefigure Member Posts: 368 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Dont get down on yourself, everyone fails a school exam, cert exam or other test at some point. I would recommend you study either Odom or Lammle's books (some people read both authors) and Lab! Lots! People at work, brush that off, this is something you are doing on your own for yourself. Speed on the test will come with time as you become more comfortable with the material. A lot of that comes from labs and take practice exams (here and on the Sybex CD, Boston, anything you want other then ****). Also CBTnuggets is great. You can buy a plan or do a trial, they even have free MicroNuggets. Good luck! >Edit: It may help for you to print off the exam objectives and study those items in detail that you are not well versed in.
    CCNP R&S, Security+
    B.S. Geography - Business Minor
    MicroMasters - CyberSecurity
    Professional Certificate - IT Project Management
  • Options
    I purchased Odom's and Lammle's books a while ago. I haven't gotten a chance to read the book in depth(I have read the first couple of chapters of Odom's book). I'm not a fan of CBTnuggets as I find their material low quality. I have used TrainsSignal for certifications in the past and found that their material was well presented. I think I'm going to start with reading Odom's book and then take some practice exams and then work on some small labs. Thanks everyone for your help and insight. You haven't failed me once! It is sad that the people I worked with were jealous of me and harassed me on this forum (but that is human nature.)
  • Options
    stylezunknownstylezunknown Member Posts: 46 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Sorry to hear that. Good news is you know what to brush up on and what to expect next time. You can do it, believe in your self.