Options

CCENT with one month of studying

ImYourOnlyDJImYourOnlyDJ Member Posts: 180
Hey guys,

So I've been procrastinating with my CCENT so I've decided to just to schedule the exam for September 10th which forces me to studyicon_study.gif. Any tips, help, or suggestions is appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    bharvey92bharvey92 Member Posts: 419
    Hi ImYourOnlyDJ,

I would suggest trying to sign up for the Chris Bryant video series (I never sat the CCENT but I'm sure Chris does a series on that). Also his E-Book for Kindle is fantastic and very clear!

Amazon.com: Chris Bryant's CCNA Study Guide, Volume 1 eBook: Chris Bryant: Kindle Store

I would also recommend getting stuck into Packet Tracer, especially for your CCNA for some practical experience!

Good luck icon_thumright.gif
    2018 Goal: CCIE Written [ ]
  • Options
    StonedHitmanStonedHitman Member Posts: 120
    You should nail down your subnetting if you haven't done so already. I'd recommend this site Subnetting Practice Questions
    Currently reading Network Warrior
  • Options
    mikeybinecmikeybinec Member Posts: 484 ■■■□□□□□□□
    subnetting.org

Boson exams

Lammle book

EXAM CRAM

......and last but not least, I'm a BIG fan of this command: sh ip os int icon_cheers.gif
    Cisco NetAcad Cuyamaca College
    A.S. LAN Management 2010 Grossmont College
    B.S. I.T. Management 2013 National University
  • Options
    Figured I would add that I completed a Cisco academy in 07 for high school and I'm using CBTNuggest along with Odem and Lammle's books.
  • Options
    Tman87Tman87 Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hello, I signed up to this site a while back but this seems like the best place for a first post. I was in the same position as you were procrastinating on the CCENT and booked up an exam 1 month ago today and have just came out of it with a pass. What i used for passing was wendell odom ICND 1 book along with a copy of packet tracer. I would say the questions i were asked most on was subnetting, OSPF and the show commands. The last one was possibly the most important one for the simulations i was given. Good luck!!
  • Options
    markulousmarkulous Member Posts: 2,394 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I'm planning on doing the same thing. I'm using CBT Nuggets and the CCENT official cert guide as well as packet tracer. With an N+, I don't think it is unreasonable by any means.
  • Options
    I have Boson Netsim for simulation, but I also have a 2621xm and a 2950 running my home network icon_cool.gif. Thanks for the tips!
  • Options
    blatiniblatini Member Posts: 285
    My tip would be to not be confined to taking the exam within a month. Know where you are based off practice exams and remember that life happens. Most people take longer than a month and there is no shame in rescheduling if you need to.
  • Options
    tuleeohtuleeoh Member Posts: 78 ■■□□□□□□□□
    CCENT in 1 month is very doable, BUT don't cram everything just for the sake of passing the test. Make sure you truly understand the concepts. It's your networking foundation and it pays of to build a solid one! Good luck
  • Options
    Thanks for the help guys! I had to push the exam back 20 days but walked out with a 947.