Options

Vcenter exam prep

epicdeanepicdean Member Posts: 50 ■■□□□□□□□□
My company has hired a consulting company to setup and deploy 7 ESXI hosts with a SAN and Vcenter starting at the end of October and it is up to me to manage it after. So at the beginning of May I took the ICM 5.5 course at locate company which was awesome and since then I've gotten the virtualization bug and pretty much decided that will my new IT path and to drop networking. Also for the last few months I've been messing around with our lab vsphere environment installing ldap creating VM and Cloning them etc I am about 1/4 through mastering vshpere 5.5. And my exam is booked for sept 29 But do think that's enough time ? I am going to study a min of 1 hour a day and hopefully at least 2 to 3 on weekends.

Comments

• Options
    iBrokeITiBrokeIT Member Posts: 1,318 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I can't speak for your learning ability so only you will know if that is enough time. I will say that you should read that book cover to cover and feel like you really understand it. You should also lab every point on the exam blue print. For me, storage was by far my weakest area.

Best of luck!
    2019: GPEN | GCFE | GXPN | GICSP | CySA+ 
    2020: GCIP | GCIA 
    2021: GRID | GDSA | Pentest+ 
    2022: GMON | GDAT
    2023: GREM  | GSE | GCFA

WGU BS IT-NA | SANS Grad Cert: PT&EH | SANS Grad Cert: ICS Security | SANS Grad Cert: Cyber Defense Ops SANS Grad Cert: Incident Response
  • Options
    XavorXavor Member Posts: 161
    You didn't go into very much detail as to your exposure. Have you installed vmware, setup standard/distributed switches, vcenter (vapp and on windows server), vapps, configured networking (multipath, vkernels), ha, etc? Every item on the vmware blueprint is testable material.

If not, you should reschedule as the exam is difficult.
  • Options
    epicdeanepicdean Member Posts: 50 ■■□□□□□□□□
    So far my experience is installing vcenter on windows and the Linux appliance setting up iscsi and NFS basic configuration with the standard switch i haven't touched the distributed switches yet I've also done HA,FT and DRS.
  • Options
    ehndeehnde Member Posts: 1,103
    That's not enough study time. Either increase your daily hours, or reschedule for October/November. 40 total hours of study time won't cut it, and you'll be out $225.
    Climb a mountain, tell no one.