Options

WGU transcript Evaluation feedback and thoughts

moe12moe12 Member Posts: 65 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hello everyone,
I just received my transcript evaluation back from WGU. I am interested in the Software Development degree program.

There are two concerns:
1. The transcript evaluation is missing a few classes from the degree brochure such as the capstone, technical writing and Software Engineering: I was told they are making adjustments to the program and maybe the brochure is not up to date, I am downloading the brochure from my personal WGU page.

2. Now that the transcript is back, my adviser said the next step would be the "intake", he did not go into much detail about what that is, but I would like to know when is it at the point that they will requirement payment? I would like to know this because there is a scholarship I would like to apply for before signing off on payment methods.

Below is a list of the remaining classes which I have left according to the transcript evaluation. It is missing ~4 classes which I will speak to my adviser about. Has anyone taken theses classes before? What is your thoughts about completing 30CU's in a term? Thanks everyone!

Course #
Class Name
CU's

C169
Scripting and Programming -
Applications

C170
Data Management - Applications

TYC1
Introduction to Object-Oriented Design and Development

TYP1
Project in Introduction to Object-Oriented Design and Development

C176
Business of IT - Project Management

IWT1
Literature, Arts and the Humanities: Analysis and Interpretation

EDV1
Software I

C195
Software II - Advanced Java Concepts

Total

Comments

• Options
    MSP-ITMSP-IT Member Posts: 752 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I only had a few of those courses, but they were relatively easy. Depending on your experience in CS/IT, I'd say it wouldn't be that much of a challenge to complete those in a single semester.

Your adviser would have more knowledge regarding the payment questions.
  • Options
    2230622306 Member Posts: 223 ■■□□□□□□□□
    if you are 100% sure that you will go to wgu. apply for scholarships now.
  • Options
    if you are 100% sure that you will go to wgu. apply for scholarships now.

How would I go about applying for the scholarship? Can I apply for the scholarship if I am not actually enrolled?
  • Options
    wahrheitwahrheit Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Just a side note, my transfer evaluation doesn't include the writing project or the capstone either.

However, I assumed this was because those classes are *never* acceptable to transfer in for obvious reasons.
    WGU - BS in Software Development (9/1/2014 Start)
    Transferred: BVC1,C278,CJC1,IWC1,TBP1,TCP1,TJC1,TJP1
    Completed: BNC1,BVC1,C175,C182,C278,C393,C394,CJC1,EUC1,EUP1,IWC1,ORA1,TBP1,TCP1,TJC1,TJP1
    Left:C164,C169,C170,C172,C173,C176,C178,C179,C188,C189,C191,C192,C193,C195,C196,C199,CLC1,CRV1,EDV1,IWT1,SBT1,TYC1,TYP1
  • Options
    NemowolfNemowolf Member Posts: 319 ■■■□□□□□□□
    moe12 wrote: »
    How would I go about applying for the scholarship? Can I apply for the scholarship if I am not actually enrolled?

You need to do this as soon as they say your a student and BEFORE your first term starts. This is when your considered a "new student" and the only time you will be able to apply for ANY of the true scholarships. Once your a student, you have to wait TWO full terms aka a year then are eligible for one very limited need based scholarship.

If you have any questions, make the time to call student services and get the information you need to start.
  • Options
    Thank you everyone for your feedback! I have a student ID number already I will look into applying for the scholarship.