Options

what are the best job/hiring websites?

jabokimjabokim Member Posts: 56 ■■□□□□□□□□
What websites do you all prefer for looking for jobs? Indeed.com, dice.com, etc etc

Comments

• Options
    aderonaderon Member Posts: 404 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I pretty much only use simplyhired.com. It's the best aggregator that I've found and there's more than enough positions to keep you quite busy. In the rare circumstance that I've run out of search terms and applied for everything of interest then I go for indeed.com.
    2019 Certification/Degree Goals: AWS CSA Renewal (In Progress), M.S. Cybersecurity (In Progress), CCNA R&S Renewal (Not Started)
  • Options
    gbdavidxgbdavidx Member Posts: 840
    Dice.com career builder and indeed seems to do a good job searching for job postings from company websites
  • Options
    jvrlopezjvrlopez Member Posts: 913 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I used monster.com for entry level jobs and usually browse indeed.com just to get an idea of what is out there. If I'm interested in a job posting, I'll see what else the company has (in terms of jobs) on their website.
    And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high. ~Ayrton Senna
  • Options
    sigsoldiersigsoldier Member Posts: 136 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Looks like all the major ones are listed. Don't forget about LinkedIn though.
  • Options
    BradleyHUBradleyHU Member Posts: 918 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Indeed & LinkedIn are all i really use....

Dice, CB, & Monster are full of recruiters posting the same roles competing with each other...occassionally, you'll find a direct employer on them also...
    Link Me
    Graduate of the REAL HU & #1 HBCU...HAMPTON UNIVERSITY!!! #shoutout to c/o 2004
    WIP: 70-410(TBD) | ITIL v3 Foundation(TBD)
  • Options
    RomBUSRomBUS Member Posts: 699 ■■■■□□□□□□
    BradleyHU wrote: »
    Indeed & LinkedIn are all i really use....

+1 and their mobile app versions
  • Options
    srabieesrabiee Member Posts: 1,231 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Do you guys pay for the LinkedIn premium profile to locate jobs? Or can you accomplish everything you need to do with the free profile?
    WGU Progress: Master of Science - Information Technology Management (Start Date: February 1, 2015)
    Completed: LYT2, TFT2, JIT2, MCT2, LZT2, SJT2 (17 CU's)
    Required: FXT2, MAT2, MBT2, C391, C392 (13 CU's)

Bachelor of Science - Information Technology Network Design & Management (WGU - Completed August 2014)
  • Options
    RomBUSRomBUS Member Posts: 699 ■■■■□□□□□□
    srabiee wrote: »
    Do guys pay for the LinkedIn premium profile to locate jobs? Or can you accomplish everything you need to do with the free profile?

I've always used the free profile. Even though I heard the premium does have decent perks such as getting salary info and the volume of resumes they receive but you can put your profile the way you like with a free version
  • Options
    arrogantbastardarrogantbastard Member Posts: 61 ■■□□□□□□□□
    srabiee wrote: »
    Do guys pay for the LinkedIn premium profile to locate jobs? Or can you accomplish everything you need to do with the free profile?
    Last time I looked at what you get is not worth it at all for job hunting. Pretty sure you can do most everything with a regular account for looking at posted jobs. Plus it's not worth the money using it just for that with all the other posted job sites available.
  • Options
    jvrlopezjvrlopez Member Posts: 913 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I've been fine with just using the regular Linkedin. Just make sure you update it regularly and have it look good.
    And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high. ~Ayrton Senna
  • Options
    NemowolfNemowolf Member Posts: 319 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I use LinkedIn as way to keep my resume in a "standard" format and direct any contacts to review my background there. I stopped using any job hiring sites because ... well im competing against you all. I have opted instead to aggressively farming my network in person and online for openings because anyone in HR will tell you that an internally submitted application is going to make it to the top of the pile faster than just submissions online.
  • Options
    PurpleITPurpleIT Member Posts: 327
    If I am looking (that is to say composing searches) I think those bases have been covered already by the other posters.

As for where I put my resume so they can find me? Everywhere!

What sites seem to generate the most calls? Dice by a long shot and CareerBuilder a distant second. I don't think anyone has referenced any other site when they call me, so I don't think there is a third.

IMO, it is just as important to have your resume posted as it is to search the boards.
    WGU - BS IT: ND&M | Start Date: 12/1/12, End Date 5/7/2013
    What next, what next...
  • Options
    TalonizeTalonize Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 56 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I recently got a call from an it company saying they saw my resume on ziprecruiter. Most of my rejection letters came from companies that I applied to through glassdoor though lol. The other company that called me I for sure applied through glassdoor as well.

Although glassdoor seems like it picks listings from all the other sites, I think its the top pick
  • Options
    pinkydapimppinkydapimp Member Posts: 732 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Right now i think linkedin is one of the best tools one can use. Ideally you want to get to a point where recruiters are hitting you up with solid job ops. But if your looking you should be joining and participating in groups and getting your name out there in your area of expertise.

Other than linkedin, i use Indeeds email alerts to let me know of very specific jobs that i have interest in.
  • Options
    65026502 Member Posts: 41 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I browse some of the other sites, but I primarily use indeed. Linkdin just gives me spam icon_sad.gif
  • Options
    LinuxNerdLinuxNerd Member Posts: 83 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Nemowolf wrote: »
    I use LinkedIn as way to keep my resume in a "standard" format and direct any contacts to review my background there. I stopped using any job hiring sites because ... well im competing against you all. I have opted instead to aggressively farming my network in person and online for openings because anyone in HR will tell you that an internally submitted application is going to make it to the top of the pile faster than just submissions online.

Cool.

There is also directly contacting hiring managers/higher ups if you have the right skill set as well. Just because a company doesn't list an open position doesn't mean they won't create one.