Options

Weary But Curious - CCNA Lab

stryder144stryder144 Member Posts: 1,684 ■■■■■■■■□□
So I know someone who is selling the following equipment that they say is good for studying for the CCNA:

(2) Cisco 1841: Both have a T1 wics
(3) Cisco 2250: 24 ports each
(1) Cisco 3550: 48 ports

I was wondering, would these be suitable for a physical lab for CCENT/CCNA? The price is awesome, which leads me to be very weary. I tried searching for the answer but came up short. Any insights would be welcome.
The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don't let them put you in that position. ~ Leo Buscaglia

Connect With Me || My Blog Site || Follow Me

Comments

• Options
    tuleeohtuleeoh Member Posts: 78 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I'm not sure about the Cisco 2250- I'm not familiar with the product. However, the 1841s and the 3550 equipment are ideal for a home lab. You can use the 1841 even for your CCNP studies as you can install IOS Version 15. And the 3550 switch is great because it's a Layer 3 switch and thus you can practice your inter-vlan routing, FHRPs + much more cool stuff
  • Options
    Thank you, Tuleeoh, I appreciate the input. I don't know much about the 2250...I have a feeling that it is a typo.

What would be a good/fair price for this equipment?
    The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don't let them put you in that position. ~ Leo Buscaglia

• Options
    xnxxnx Member Posts: 464 ■■■□□□□□□□
    stryder144 wrote: »
    Thank you, Tuleeoh, I appreciate the input. I don't know much about the 2250...I have a feeling that it is a typo.
    Yes, it should be the Cisco 2950
    Getting There ...

Lab Equipment: Using Cisco CSRs and 4 Switches currently
  • Options
    2950 makes much more sense now. Thanks!

• Options
    Jon_CiscoJon_Cisco Member Posts: 1,772 ■■■■■■■■□□
    It's a perfect CCNA lab.

You don't need to L3 switching that the 3550 will provide for the test but in the real world you are gonna find L3 switches so it's a nice addition.
  • Options
    Cisco InfernoCisco Inferno Member Posts: 1,034 ■■■■■■□□□□
    how much is it? this is a nice setup. The T1 cards are easy to set up and are nicer than serial modules.
    2019 Goals
    CompTIA Linux+
    [ ] Bachelor's Degree
  • Options
    --chris----chris-- Member Posts: 1,518 ■■■■■□□□□□

What would be a good/fair price for this equipment?

I paid $20 for each 2950 and $70 for each 1841. That's about market value. Make sure they have an iOS image...ya never know till it's too late.
  • Options
    tuleeohtuleeoh Member Posts: 78 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thank you, Tuleeoh, I appreciate the input. I don't know much about the 2250...I have a feeling that it is a typo.What would be a good/fair price for this equipment?
    Depends on what is included with the 1841s but I honestly don't know the exact price they are going for now as it can fluctuate depending on supply/demand... A quick stop at our best friend eBay, and a simply math, will give you the most accurate estimate than any of us here can =] Also remember, looking at devices individually and comparing prices/specs is a great resource for learning!! I was impressed at how much I learned just by researching the equipment when I was building my home lab.Happy shopping!
  • Options
    Great advice, tuleeoh. I appreciate it. I've been doing the self-education/ebay combo and have learned quite a bit. Unfortunately, it also lends itself to a large helping of confusion. Thankfully, that is part of the actual education process, so I am not too concerned about being confused.