2»

Comments

• Options
    Network_EngineerNetwork_Engineer Member Posts: 142 ■■■□□□□□□□
    How to Request Verification of your Cisco Certification
    1. Visit Certification Tracking System - Cisco Systems
    2. Select the link ‘Certification Tracking System Tool Off-site’
    3. Select ‘Login with Cisco.com ID’ and use your Cisco Username/Password
    4. Once logged in, select ‘Publish Credentials’ – towards the end of the page please email your Cisco credentials to yourself.
    Once you've received the credentials from Cisco, please email them to certification@vmware.com with the following information:
    • Your name and email address.
    • The URL and Authorization Code specific to this credential verification (make sure you do it before it expires).
    • Your VMW Candidate ID (if you have one).
  • Options
    Had to submit 3 tickets certification@vmware.com and get it escalated before approved. None of the VMware certification employees knew the procedures, since this process is new.

I finally received my approval from a manager this afternoon. I am good to go!

VCP-NV Classroom Equivalent
    Classroom

Complete

• Options
    jibbajabbajibbajabba Member Posts: 4,317 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Why does VMware keep doing that. Throwing out requirements without having the systems in place. Same with the whole recertification policy. Every issue is being answered with 'we are working on it, TBC , etc. '
    My own knowledge base made public: http://open902.com :p
  • Options
    burfectburfect Member Posts: 128
    This is really cool... this might be a stupid question but would this apply to those who have CCNA Data Center? Given the state IT is heading (or potentially heading) CCNA Data Center + VCP-NV would seem to be useful combination.
  • Options
    Path 3: Valid CCNA Data Center or CCNA Routing & Switching or CCNP Data Center or CCNP Routing & Switching certification. Note: This path is only available until February 28, 2015
  • Options
    ThechainremainsThechainremains Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
    So wait what would be the difference between getting a VCP instead a VCP-NV.

Is that a lower grade certification?
  • Options
    tprice5tprice5 Member Posts: 770
    So wait what would be the difference between getting a VCP instead a VCP-NV.

Is that a lower grade certification?

If you are a VCP then you have passed the applicable test for either VCP-Data Center Virtualization, VCP-Cloud or VCP-Desktop. Now included in these ranks is VCP-Network Virtualization. All of these certification are equal.
    Certification To-Do: CEH [ ], CHFI [ ], NCSA [ ], E10-001 [ ], 70-413 [ ], 70-414 [ ]
    WGU MSISA
    Start Date: 10/01/2014 | Complete Date: ASAP
    All Courses: LOT2, LYT2 , UVC2, ORA1, VUT2, VLT2 , FNV2 , TFT2 , JIT2 , FMV2, FXT2 , LQT2
  • Options
    tprice5 wrote: »
    If you are a VCP then you have passed the applicable test for either VCP-Data Center Virtualization, VCP-Cloud or VCP-Desktop. Now included in these ranks is VCP-Network Virtualization. All of these certification are equal.

Ohhhhhhh.... icon_idea.gif

So basically I go get a ccna and then if I just pass vcp 510 exam I am technically a vcp. Correct?

And would I have to take NV instead of DCV (considering I want to do systems vs networking). I have been testing the job market and mostly what I am seeng across the board is.. If you have maybe 2-3 yrs of networking exp (w/CCNA) employers bend over backwards to hire you.. Then if you are sys admin/engineer they still want you to have networking CCNA/top knowledge.. In other words.. You really are forced to go MCSE/CCNA/VCP to get the job..(without having any doubts of your knowledge or experience)

I wish I would have known this I just completed my MCSE 2012 earlier this month, after 9 grueling months..
  • Options
    tprice5tprice5 Member Posts: 770
    So basically I go get a ccna and then if I just pass vcp 510 exam I am technically a vcp. Correct?

Yes.
    I wish I would have known this I just completed my MCSE 2012 earlier this month, after 9 grueling months..

This was just announced a month ago so I think the MCSE was a good move. You have till February to knock out the CCNA and VCP. Very doable time-frame depending on your current level of experience/knowledge.
    Certification To-Do: CEH [ ], CHFI [ ], NCSA [ ], E10-001 [ ], 70-413 [ ], 70-414 [ ]
    WGU MSISA
    Start Date: 10/01/2014 | Complete Date: ASAP
    All Courses: LOT2, LYT2 , UVC2, ORA1, VUT2, VLT2 , FNV2 , TFT2 , JIT2 , FMV2, FXT2 , LQT2
  • Options
    tprice5 wrote: »
    Yes.

This was just announced a month ago so I think the MCSE was a good move. You have till February to knock out the CCNA and VCP. Very doable time-frame depending on your current level of experience/knowledge.

gotcha.. it's absolutely doable.. I was only inferring.. my MCSE has a little less value than a VCP/CCNA together.. which seems strange (considering it takes 5 exams to get a MCSE) vs just (1 exam each VCP and then CCNA).. but it's the truth according to my current job search..

My job search could have been over in the first week of looking. (Just started looking September 8th) Meaning I should have prioritized my CCNA first, then VCP, and then finishing up with MCSE. I went backwards..