Options

Passed CCENT (ICND1 Exam)

nels11nels11 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello guys, I'm happy to say that after almost 3 months of studying, I finally passed my CCENT icon_smile.gif

I passed with 894, I really wanted to get 900, but anyways a pass is a pass.

I gotta say, that I was very nervous, I ended up not writing what I was thinking to write on the board (a table for subnetting) , 'cause I was afraid of timing, and you can only start writing on the board until you click on 'start', but I'm glad I nailed the IP addressing portion and I managed it to do it without any table icon_smile.gif

Main Material:
- CBT Nuggets
- 100-101 - CCNA Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices 1 (ICND1) – Exam Prep
- Home Lab and Packet Tracer

[FONT=tahoma, geneva, sans-serif]What material do you think is the best for ICND2 ? I want to achieve CCNA by the end of year.[/FONT]

Comments

• Options
    tuleeohtuleeoh Member Posts: 78 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratz, welcome to the certified club! :) I'd say follow the same strategy for ICDN2 but now start using a combination of GNS3 & PT as part of your labbing. With GNS3 you're dealing with real IOSes and not limited to what PT has to offer. Other option is to build a lab. Happy Studying!
  • Options
    Justin-Justin- Member Posts: 300
    Nice work! I'm planning on taking the CCENT after I complete the CompTIA trifecta.

I'll be using Packet Tracer as well. Do you think PT alone without any home lab is OK for the CCENT/CCNA?

Thanks!
  • Options
    Jon_CiscoJon_Cisco Member Posts: 1,772 ■■■■■■■■□□