Options

B.S Computer/Management Information Systems

SyliceSylice Member Posts: 100
Is it really worth pursuing? I've been told that it's hard to find employment with a B.S in CIS or MIS.

Comments

• Options
    Paul6Paul6 Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Yes, they are worth pursuing. But unless it's a big name school, consider WGU instead. WGU is cheap and their program is more competency-focused than other schools.
  • Options
    srabieesrabiee Member Posts: 1,231 ■■■■■■■■□□
    The fact alone that you have a B.S. opens up so many doors.
    WGU Progress: Master of Science - Information Technology Management (Start Date: February 1, 2015)
    Completed: LYT2, TFT2, JIT2, MCT2, LZT2, SJT2 (17 CU's)
    Required: FXT2, MAT2, MBT2, C391, C392 (13 CU's)

Bachelor of Science - Information Technology Network Design & Management (WGU - Completed August 2014)
  • Options
    anoeljranoeljr Member Posts: 278 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Getting the degree will show that you have perseverance. Now, it's harder than ever to get jobs without experience. Any IT related degree should be enough to build a solid foundation. The most important thing is to find IT related employment while getting the degree. That way you'll have both experience and the degree, which will open up many more doors for you.
  • Options
    New2ITinCaliNew2ITinCali Member Posts: 184 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I agree with both, srabiee and anoel Jr. I have a similar degree (BA. IT Management). It took me over 2 years AFTER I graduated to find a job, but I did find one. I definitely encourage you to start looking for a job while in college, and network with people whom are employed in the I.T. field. because without experience it will be difficult. I also encourage you to do an internship. It will show that you at least have some experience. I was able to talk about my 6 month internship in the interview that landed me my first I.T. job.

It is worth pursuing as long as you have a passion for the field, and perseverance. Good Luck!
  • Options
    SyliceSylice Member Posts: 100
    Elaborate, please.