Options

equipment find assistance

mokaibamokaiba Member Posts: 162 ■■■□□□□□□□

Comments

• Options
    MTciscoguyMTciscoguy Member Posts: 552
    Which kit are you looking at, the link you have provided takes you to a page that allows you to choose the various options for a kit, but does not seem to show a kit?

oops, now the page seems to be working correctly, based on specifications, it should work, those people are pretty good at putting kits together for various levels of certification.

That said, look at their kit and see what you can come up with on ebay, I know I built my kit based on specifications and actually saved quite a bit of money over the package price.
    Current Lab: 4 C2950 WS, 1 C2950G EI, 3 1841, 2 2503, Various Modules, Parts and Pieces. Dell Power Edge 1850, Dell Power Edge 1950.
  • Options
    OfWolfAndManOfWolfAndMan Member Posts: 923 ■■■■□□□□□□
    You can do everything for CCNA Security with GNS3 and CCP
    :study:Reading: Lab Books, Ansible Documentation, Python Cookbook 2018 Goals: More Ansible/Python work for Automation, IPSpace Automation Course [X], Build Jenkins Framework for Network Automation []
  • Options
    Cisco CCNA & Super Economy CCNP Kit
  • Options
    You can do everything for CCNA Security with GNS3 and CCP

I will use those as well but since I plan on devoting a lot of time in Cisco material so I would like to have actual devices to troubleshoot on. My hope is to get a CCIE one day, so I must know what I am doing and emulators can only go so far.
  • Options
    MTciscoguy wrote: »
    Which kit are you looking at, the link you have provided takes you to a page that allows you to choose the various options for a kit, but does not seem to show a kit?

oops, now the page seems to be working correctly, based on specifications, it should work, those people are pretty good at putting kits together for various levels of certification.

That said, look at their kit and see what you can come up with on ebay, I know I built my kit based on specifications and actually saved quite a bit of money over the package price.

I don't use ebay, however, I decided to modify what they had there to give more variation in device experience.

It'll take me about three months to save to buy the equipment based on the options I selected, which is perfect as I don't plan on starting the CCNA material at wgu until December.

Options:

- Access Server 2511 & 16 Cables
    - Router #1 1841 256/64
    - Router #2 1760 96/32
    - Router #3 2801 256/64
    - Router #4 2811 512/128
    - Switch ##1 2950
    - Switch ##2 2950C
    - Switch ##3 3560
    - Switch ##4 3750

ty for the edit to your reply.
  • Options
    OfWolfAndManOfWolfAndMan Member Posts: 923 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I would add a 3750 to that list as well. So if you plan on going up to at least the CCNP, this is my recommendation: Get two L2 switches and two L3 switches, or you can get all L3 switches and input no IP routing. As for routers, the 1841s are upgradable to v15, but the 2800s will suffice as well. If you want, you could always just configure one of the switches as a breakout switch connect it to the NIC on your computer and have a virtual router connection to the switches. It all depends on your budget and what path you plan on pursuing.
    :study:Reading: Lab Books, Ansible Documentation, Python Cookbook 2018 Goals: More Ansible/Python work for Automation, IPSpace Automation Course [X], Build Jenkins Framework for Network Automation []