Options

How long do I need to be ready

tjb122982tjb122982 Member Posts: 255 ■■■□□□□□□□
I just took a practice A+ exams today. I got a 572 on the 801 and a 676 on the 802. How many weeks or months do you I need of watching Professor Messmer's videos and going over cram sheets?

Comments

• Options
    netsysllcnetsysllc Member Posts: 479 ■■■■□□□□□□
    That is different for everybody, depends on memory retention and experience. Most test prep stuff says 80% or better on practice exams though.
  • Options
    tjb122982tjb122982 Member Posts: 255 ■■■□□□□□□□
    netsysllc wrote: »
    That is different for everybody, depends on memory retention and experience. Most test prep stuff says 80% or better on practice exams though.

You may be right. Before I passed the Network+, I wanted to make sure to hit 90+ on consecutive practice exams. I know I only need 75% for the A+ but I still may to keep it close to the goal of 90+ for the practice tests.
  • Options
    Justin-Justin- Member Posts: 300
    You should grab a solid reference book such as the Exam Cram book. It'd be useful in supplementing any material that you might not pick up directly from Messer's videos.

That's just my personal opinion though.
  • Options
    katatomic24katatomic24 Registered Users Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Don't feel bad it just takes a little time with A+

I have failed 802 twice in a row with the same score of 646 and passed 801 with a 695.

I think with 802 you have to get 90% of the PBQ's correct in order to pass.

I will give myself another month of study and try to take it at the end of Septembericon_study.gificon_study.gif
  • Options
    Waka Flocka FlameWaka Flocka Flame Banned Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Don't feel bad it just takes a little time with A+

I have failed 802 twice in a row with the same score of 646 and passed 801 with a 695.

I think with 802 you have to get 90% of the PBQ's correct in order to pass.

I will give myself another month of study and try to take it at the end of Septembericon_study.gificon_study.gif
    90% to pass 802.. you sure? honestly I may skip the A+ I dont see me passing it.. I have both the mike myers book and exam cram they are both pretty weighty.
  • Options
    chronos42chronos42 Member Posts: 91 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I think Waka Flocka is wrong...I haven't heard anything about this requirement for PBQs. You need a 700/900 (basically a 77%) to pass the 802 and a 75% for the 801. With some diligent studying and a fair amount of time doing practice tests (I recommend the Exam Cram practice test book, along with ExamCompass | CompTIA Practice Exams), you should be alright.

I've spent a good few months preparing for it. Took the 801, passed with an 840, taking the 802 soon. I'd say don't get overwhelmed; just take in the information one thing at a time, and it will all come together in time.
  • Options
    BogeyhunterBogeyhunter Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I took and passed 801/802 in January so some of my info might be old but what Ill say is that you need to be able to understand all of the concepts as whole because there are a lot of Sims on the exams. At least there were a lot on the exams that I took.

You should know how to set up a wireless network, know the different parts of a motherboard and know how to select the proper hardware components for different systems (Gaming, HT, etc.). If you cant do any of those you will have a hard time passing.

I also felt that the 802 was a lot easier than the 801.