Options

I'm done with Cisco!

bbbngowcbbbngowc Member Posts: 61 ■■□□□□□□□□
Took the test the second time and didn't pass. May be cisco isn't for me. drool!

Comments

• Options
    fonduefondue Member Posts: 104
    Cheer up, the CCNA test is tough. Do you know where your weakness are/were? Post your problem areas, I'm sure the forum users will be able to help you through.
  • Options
    silver_225silver_225 Member Posts: 36 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Don't give up. I felt the same way after I failed my first attempt. It just made me more determined to pass the test. I studied another month before passing on my second attempt. For me, the key was adding various study material.
  • Options
    1Ste1Ste Member Posts: 81 ■■□□□□□□□□
    If you quit, then all this would have been is a waste of time.

Think about it. You just have to refine your study methods and practice techniques.
    Working for Network+, Server+, CCNA, Security+, CCNP, CCIE. MCSE.

Bachelors Degree in computer information Systems.

Wanna help?
  • Options
    mikeyoungmikeyoung Member Posts: 101
    Don't give up. You are so close. YOu probably just need to buckle down on your weak areas and get some more sim time or gear time if you have any. Go through the all of the configs again and again. Set up all of the routing protocols and ACLs. Study the outputs from sh run, sh ip,
    sh cdp neighbors, etc.

Just a little more work will put you over the top. Hang in there. Stay with us here and we offer all the assistance we can.

Mike
    Lack of will power has caused more failure than lack of intelligence or ability.
  • Options
    keenonkeenon Member Posts: 1,922 ■■■■□□□□□□
    i failed twice and passed on third try, if u like doing it keep going at it
    Become the stainless steel sharp knife in a drawer full of rusty spoons
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    You didn't say by how much you missed it, but its probably worth a third try. The happiest person I've ever seen at the testing center was a guy who passed the CCNA on his third try.

Remember that the wording on Cisco questions can be tricky -- read the question, read ALL the answers, then read the question again. I still remember getting about 8 questions on the CCNA test that were worded to make you jump at a wrong answer if you hadn't read it carefully. That is easily the difference between passing and failing.

If you don't dream about subnetting, then make sure you can create a good subnetting table/**** sheet on your scratch paper (during the test demo time, not your test time).

Good luck on your next attempt.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    1Ste1Ste Member Posts: 81 ■■□□□□□□□□
    mikej412 wrote:
    You didn't say by how much you missed it, but its probably worth a third try. The happiest person I've ever seen at the testing center was a guy who passed the CCNA on his third try.

Remember that the wording on Cisco questions can be tricky -- read the question, read ALL the answers, then read the question again. I still remember getting about 8 questions on the CCNA test that were worded to make you jump at a wrong answer if you hadn't read it carefully. That is easily the difference between passing and failing.

If you don't dream about subnetting, then make sure you can create a good subnetting table/**** sheet on your scratch paper (during the test demo time, not your test time).

Good luck on your next attempt.

Lol Dream about sub netting, Ill have to remmeber that one.
    Working for Network+, Server+, CCNA, Security+, CCNP, CCIE. MCSE.

Bachelors Degree in computer information Systems.

Wanna help?
  • Options
    SVSV Member Posts: 166
    Do not give up. Yah... I can understand how you might be feeling. But the experience should give you a good idea of where you stand and how much you will have to prepare more to clear it. If you leave it now you will lose all what you have studied till now. Plus, since you are in the momentum of preparing for CCNA, you might have to put just a bit more effort. Along with the CCNA topics, thinks of the techniques you might need to pass the test too.

I am sure you will make it in the next..... but be prepared icon_smile.gif
    Life is a journey...
  • Options
    cisco_troublecisco_trouble Inactive Imported Users Posts: 78 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Just do it!
    "To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield."
  • Options
    milliampmilliamp Member Posts: 135
    I don't really agree that you have to keep working at the CCNA. You could always take a break with something easier like Net+ or I-Net+. When you go back to the CCNA later you will have a better understanding of how you learn and you will ratain the CCNA stuff better the second time through.