Options

Would it be damaging my career to take this position?

inscom.brigadeinscom.brigade Member Posts: 400 ■■■□□□□□□□
Previously I have had senior network engineer positions at federal agency.
I am being offered a position at NASA as engineer III, but the title is mid-level network engineer .

Comments

• Options
    kohr-ahkohr-ah Member Posts: 1,277
    I dont think it would be a bad thing as your resume responsibilities would show you went up in responsibilities. Senior to them could mean a whole different level of what Senior was to your current place.
  • Options
    pinkydapimppinkydapimp Member Posts: 732 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Is the pay better? Gaining new experience? If so then take it. Plus, having NASA on your resume alone is likely worth it. Titles mean nothing!
  • Options
    GLaDOS11GLaDOS11 Member Posts: 34 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I would absolutely love to be able to put NASA engineer, no matter the level, on my resume.
  • Options
    inscom.brigadeinscom.brigade Member Posts: 400 ■■■□□□□□□□
    certainly I agree that putting NASA on your resume is HOT! I was worried cause it is according to the job description and title that it may look like I am no good or a slacker to go for a demotion. I will try and see it they could change the job title to senior, else I could always just say (engineer III nasa) on my resume. Anyway thanks for the input you guys have added clarity for me, and certainly I hope that I get it:).
  • Options
    Dr ITDr IT Member Posts: 351 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Sounds like a gool GIG ( atleast by the title mate !!)

good luck with it
    Venturing in to the Unknown

Target 2018 : SSCP VCP- DTM

The Difference between the Ordinary and the Extra-Ordinary is that Little " Extra ".
  • Options
    N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    More pay, great organization why the heck not.

It's up to you, if you like you current job I would stay, but then again more money can pull anyone away. :)
  • Options
    philz1982philz1982 Member Posts: 978
    Um, couldn't you just call yourself whatever the heck you want? I work at a Fortune 100 company and they let us make our title whatever we want it to be. I understand it's the government and internally you have to have a specific title, but on your resume post-employment? Seems a little goofy to me.
  • Options
    VeritiesVerities Member Posts: 1,162
    philz1982 wrote: »
    Um, couldn't you just call yourself whatever the heck you want? I work at a Fortune 100 company and they let us make our title whatever we want it to be. I understand it's the government and internally you have to have a specific title, but on your resume post-employment? Seems a little goofy to me.

Truer words have never been spoken! icon_lol.gif
  • Options
    ShdwmageShdwmage Member Posts: 374
    I would be happy to put whipping boy on my resume if the company was NASA. All I have to say. 1st world problems.
    --
    “Hey! Listen!” ~ Navi
    2013: [x] MCTS 70-680
    2014: [x] 22-801 [x] 22-802 [x] CIW Web Foundation Associate
    2015 Goals: [] 70-410