Options

Newbie to CCENT

WalesMarkWalesMark Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi all.

I'm looking to study CCENT. However I will probably need to do this home study / online. Anyone know of any good "reputable" sites that I can take a look at and/or register? Also, it would be very helpful if I could get a list of current study materials that I would need.

Any information and/or advice greatly appreciated. I'm looking to start ASAP.

Many thanks :D

Mark

Comments

• Options
    Binary FreakBinary Freak Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
    WalesMark wrote: »
    Hi all.

I'm looking to study CCENT. However I will probably need to do this home study / online. Anyone know of any good "reputable" sites that I can take a look at and/or register? Also, it would be very helpful if I could get a list of current study materials that I would need.

Any information and/or advice greatly appreciated. I'm looking to start ASAP.

Many thanks :D

Mark
    CCENT/CCNA ICND1 100-101 Official Cert Guide
    CBT Nuggets
    Graphical Network Simulator
    INETraining
    (If you can't get CBT)

All of these resources should do you well for the CCENT (100-101)

If you use any of the videos (CBT or INE), then I'd recommend watching the relevant video(s) before diving into the chapter on the OCG. It'll give you a better insight as to what to expect from the chapter.

Furthermore, I'd also recommend doing the review questions from the book half an hour after finishing the chapter. Then the next day do the practice test on the exam software. (Well, that's what I do anyway, and it works like a charm for me)

-Binary Freak icon_cool.gif
  • Options
    WalesMarkWalesMark Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Great - many thanks for advice - appreciated. Going to buy some books do some reading and buy some hardware and do some damage icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    mikeybinecmikeybinec Member Posts: 484 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Free CCNA Workbook | CCNA Labs, Practice Exams and More!

I occassionally use this guy's free stub lab..I dont have a Layer three switch so it's neat to configure this. Like him on Facebook also. I do contribute to his site.
    Cisco NetAcad Cuyamaca College
    A.S. LAN Management 2010 Grossmont College
    B.S. I.T. Management 2013 National University
  • Options
    TechGuru80TechGuru80 Member Posts: 1,539 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Make sure you find resources for the current exam....there are a ton for the old exam since it was out for YEARS...by now there should be quite a bit on the current topics.
  • Options
    mikeybinecmikeybinec Member Posts: 484 ■■■□□□□□□□
    TechGuru80 wrote: »
    Make sure you find resources for the current exam....there are a ton for the old exam since it was out for YEARS...by now there should be quite a bit on the current topics.

+1 Yeah, there is a lot of sites still pushing 640-802.. In fact, this site might still have some references to it..
    Cisco NetAcad Cuyamaca College
    A.S. LAN Management 2010 Grossmont College
    B.S. I.T. Management 2013 National University
  • Options
    sandsand Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    CCENT training and practice test

Here you will find a complete CCENT class plus practice tests. This is probably the only one website I found to offer CCENT tests. Good luck m8!