Options

SSCP Exam preperation

SwayzakSwayzak Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello everyone,

Guys I need your advice, about how to prepare for SSCP exam, I've been reading a lot of posts regarding study materials, some were positive some negative, so wasn't really clear which books to use etc. So your help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    ajs1976ajs1976 Member Posts: 1,945 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I'm using AIO by Darril Gibson and the CBT Nuggests videos. Once I complete my notes on the AIO, I will take some practice tests and see what I need more help with and then look for other material.
    Andy

2020 Goals: 0 of 2 courses complete, 0 of 2 exams complete
  • Options
    jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I've been using the AIO by Darril Gibson and the Professor Messor Security+ videos.
    I just keep reading and watching the videos until I know the information. There are some mistakes in the AIO so use more than one source to study from.
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
  • Options
    jonwinterburnjonwinterburn Member Posts: 161 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I've been using the AIO by Darril Gibson and the Professor Messor Security+ videos.
    I just keep reading and watching the videos until I know the information. There are some mistakes in the AIO so use more than one source to study from.

I second this. I used both resources mentioned, as well as the Pluralsight SSCP course, NIST and just Googling, and passed first time. As James says, read/watch again and again until you fully understand all the material. Also do some practice questions (ISC2 provide some for sale on iPad or Studiscope).
  • Options
    SwayzakSwayzak Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for your replies guys.:)
  • Options
    jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Yea, I still gotta fine someone with an iPad. I was thinking about getting the Studyiscope questions but I had read something a little negative about it.
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****