Options

Passed the 802!

brilowe88brilowe88 Member Posts: 8 ■■□□□□□□□□
Super glad this one is DONE! (for now) Onward to the Security.

Also, for study materials I used the Mike Meyers all in one, Exam Cram for 801 and 802, the Complete Review guide for 801 and 802, roughly 6 packs of index cards,1 notebook and 2 sharpies. Give yourself plenty of time to get this information!

Comments

• Options
    GeeLoGeeLo Member Posts: 112 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Let me be the first one to say, CONGRATS! A really big achievement and that troubleshooting mindset will serve you well throughout your career.
    -Geelo
    brilowe88 wrote: »
    Super glad this one is DONE! (for now) Onward to the Security.

Also, for study materials I used the Mike Meyers all in one, Exam Cram for 801 and 802, the Complete Review guide for 801 and 802, roughly 6 packs of index cards,1 notebook and 2 sharpies. Give yourself plenty of time to get this information!
    Vendor Neutral Certified in IT Project Management, Security, Servers, Workstations, Software, Networking, Windows, Unix and Linux and.. Cloud. :-)
  • Options
    chronos42chronos42 Member Posts: 91 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! I'll be tackling that this weekend, hopefully without any issue.

Without going into specifics, how much emphasis was put into the command prompt during the test?
  • Options
    Make sure you know it well. I placed extra emphasis on this when I was doing my studies. I'm glad I did.
  • Options
  • Options
    Armitron77Armitron77 Member Posts: 134 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats brilowee88 on obtaining your CompTIA A+ certification. I am too using the All-In-One 8th Edition Mike Meyers A+ book, along with the Exam Cram 6th Edition (801 and 802), and the Exam Cram Practice Questions (5th Edition). Just a couple of questions, when using the Mike Meyers 8th Edition book, what key information did you write down on your notebook that is surely going to be on the exam? I would like to hear on what method you used. Furthermore, did the exams have any performance based questions besides having multiple choice questions? The reason why I as is because my friend took his about a month ago and told me that all of his questions were only multiple choice. He did not run into any performance based questions at all. He did however, pass both exams. Hope to hear from you soon. Thanks.

P.S.

Once again, congrats and good luck on your studies for the CompTIA Security +.
    Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer & Network Security
    Associate in Applied Science Degree in Network Management
    Associate in Applied Science Degree in Network Management/Cyber Security
    CompTIA A+ Certified | CE, CompTIA Network+ Certified | CE

2016 Goals: CCENT/CCNA Routing & Switching COLOR=#008000][B]IN PROGRESS[/B][/COLOR/CompTIA Security+ COLOR=#008000][B]IN PROGRESS[/B][/COLOR
  • Options
    Toaster2013Toaster2013 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on passing! I am trying to find some time after work to take the 802.

How was it compared to the 801? I found the 801 to be pretty easy. Granted the 801 had a couple answers which were things we wouldn't do in IT. But other then the person writing the test not understanding that it's a bad idea to ground yourself on the processors heatsink it went well. I certainly hope no one grounds themself on the heatsink. BAD IDEA! I'm sure you can find a better metal part to ground yourself on... Sorry got side tracked. Congrats on your accomplishment. Now on to bigger and better things! :)
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    @Armitron77... As for key information, I wrote down everything I did not feel comfy conversing on with someone else. The best advice one can give is to truly follow the objectives. Go down the list and go deeper into the meaning of everything. Memorizing names of tools to use is one thing, but, to learn why they exist or why they are used over another tool is completely different. I truly wanted to learn. And stay away from practice testing until you have gone through your material. For me, I waited till a couple of days prior to the test. I felt like this would give me a more accurate idea as to where I actually was. As for the questions, I had more performance based stuff on 802 than 801. Scared the $hit out of me! But I saved them for last. It gave me a chance to settle down and breathe.

I feel like any test can be passed. If you are honest with yourself about what you truly know, then you certainly can bang it right out.

I thank you for the congrats, and I wish you the very most success!

And by the way, I think I wrote down something like 35 pages of notes plus when I took the transcender tests, If I got something wrong, I printed it off along with the explanation as to why.
    I have a long, LONG way to go for the goals if have. But, it has to start somewhere. This stuff makes me want to learn.

I hope this helps. Good luck!
  • Options
    Armitron77Armitron77 Member Posts: 134 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thank you brilowe88 for your reply and advice. Couple more questions. How did you prepare for the performance based questions? What method or tools did you use to be ready for such questions? Please let me know. Thanks.

P.S.

Sorry for the additional questions. I am just trying to get as much information as possible to better prepare me for both the 801 and 802 A+ exams. Thanks again.
    Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer & Network Security
    Associate in Applied Science Degree in Network Management
    Associate in Applied Science Degree in Network Management/Cyber Security
    CompTIA A+ Certified | CE, CompTIA Network+ Certified | CE

2016 Goals: CCENT/CCNA Routing & Switching COLOR=#008000][B]IN PROGRESS[/B][/COLOR/CompTIA Security+ COLOR=#008000][B]IN PROGRESS[/B][/COLOR
  • Options
    Snow.brosSnow.bros Member Posts: 832 ■■■■□□□□□□