Options

Cissp Passed 26/08 first attempt

naxdeenaxdee Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
First post here and wanted to thank everyone here as it was very helpful in getting through the process.

Wanted to give back my experience with the exam, the total prep time for me was 4 months out off which i lost 6 weeks due to moving house,being sick and just busy with work.

My study materials were,

Eric Conrad 11th Hour
Eric Conrad Cissp Guide
Shon Harris Cissp 6th Edition
Shon Harris Cissp Practise Exams
IT Masters Cissp guides and practise exam
CCcure Practise Questions
Exam Cram Cissp Practise questions
Sans MGT414 course Audio
Cissp CBK Review by Alfred Ouyang containing Study notes,Domain practise questions, Baseline exam and final exam
S.Rao Vallabhaneni Practise Questions
McGraw Hill Cissp Practise Exams
Transcender Cissp Practise Exams
Simplilearn Practise exam

My Study plan was,

1. Go through Eric Conrad Cissp Guide and get a feel off the concepts
2. Went through Shon Harris Cissp Guide to get in depth coverage off all the domains, its a bit dry but i enjoyed it
3. Went through Eric Conrad Cissp Guide again for quick recap and started making notes on things i needed to further read up on

Exam prep

1. Reviewed all Questions from Exam cram
2.Completed Transcender practise questions, didnt have time to do full exam questions, just individual domains
3. Completed McGraw hill practise questions
4. Completed Shon Harris Practise questions
5. Completed IT Masters Practise questions
6. Completed all Questions from Alfred Ouyang Review
4.Sans MGT414 Audio

I ran out off time and didnt go through a lot off CCcure,S.Rao and Simplilearn questions.

I spent about 4 hours a day on the preparation, on the train to and from work i would be reading the PDF material. If i was driving somewhere then i would listen to the audio. i did exams in sets off 100 questions to train myself for the endurance off the main exam.

I booked the exam for a Tuesday then took Friday and monday off work, turned my work phone and told the team only to call me if some thing catch's fire. Starting Friday i spent the 4 intense days off going through all the practise questions and got cabin fever towards the end off it. On monday afternoon i did a quick review off Eric Conrad 11th hour, had dinner and decided to go early to bed based on what i have read on other peoples experiences. Had a really bad nights sleep as i was stressed out so was up at 4.30 . Went through my study notes and some practise questions, got to the exam site nice and early incase there was any delays.

Exam Experience

As i was an hour early i took a call from work to sort out something , 10 mins to exam time i decided to head in and realised google street view had got the address wrong. So it was 1k sprint on a winters morning with rain coming down hard, so arrived at the exam not in a good way.

I started off the exam, really hot and sweaty so took about 30 mins to cool down and then start thinking correctly. I had prepared myself for 6 hours off toture, my experience was that it wasnt overly hard but not easy at the same time. There were no straight forward questions, every few questions i would sit back and say to myself what the bloody hell is the question asking me. Every 100 questions i took a 5 minute break , had a drink, got my head cleared and started again.

flagged about 15 questions, finished all the questions then went through flagged and hit finish. I did not feel like i passed as didnt have the confidence. Total time was 4 hours, walked up to the desk and she passed me the print out. I opened it and just couldnt wipe the smile off my face, i passed.

Its all over, was a good experience, submitted my endorsement the next day and now the wait for final approval.

And onto the next course, signed up for OSCP and which starts this sunday. Preparing myself for another level off pain with OSCP

Comments

• Options
    TheProfezzorTheProfezzor Member Posts: 204 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Rule # 1 for all test takers. Always visit the testing center, one day before the examination. Just to avoid unnecessary blunders and last minute sprints. Congratulations.
    OSCP: Loading . . .
  • Options
    voodoo26voodoo26 Member Posts: 56 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Welcome aboard and congrats on the pass!
  • Options
    naxdeenaxdee Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi All,

Received the confirmation email from ISC2 today, feels awesome to close this exam off.

Timeline for me was:
    Exam Date: 26/08
    Endorsement Submitted: 27/08
    Endorsement Confirmation: 27/08
    Certification Confirmation:24/09
  • Options
    ExpectExpect Member Posts: 252 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • Options
    DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    kvponkshekvponkshe Member Posts: 25 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Which one are good ? Transcender or cccure ?
  • Options
    GForce75GForce75 Member Posts: 222
    Outstanding! Get some sleep and enjoy the rest of the week of being CISSP-free :D
    Doctoral Candidate - BA (33/60hrs) ~ MBA/Project Management ~ BA/Business-IT