Options

Vcp-nv

dave330idave330i Member Posts: 2,091 ■■■■■■■■■■
Exam scheduled for this Saturday. Originally had it scheduled for Thursday, but that was a little too aggressive. It's somewhat of a low hanging fruit for me. Hopefully 2 weeks is enough.
2018 Certification Goals: Maybe VMware Sales Cert
"Simplify, then add lightness" -Colin Chapman

Comments

• Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
  • Options
    Asif DaslAsif Dasl Member Posts: 2,116 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I'm interested in doing this cert after DCA and maybe before DCD. My networking is a little weak so I'm interested to see how I get on with it, I think Pluralsight have videos being released this month about NSX so I'll give those a watch before playing about with it in the lab.

Good luck with it Dave!
  • Options
    tomtom1tomtom1 Member Posts: 375
    dave330i wrote: »
    Exam scheduled for this Saturday. Originally had it scheduled for Thursday, but that was a little too aggressive. It's somewhat of a low hanging fruit for me. Hopefully 2 weeks is enough.

Which materials did you use in preparing? It's something I want to achieve too, since it overlaps between my networking and virtualization knowledge. :)
  • Options
    tomtom1 wrote: »
    Which materials did you use in preparing? It's something I want to achieve too, since it overlaps between my networking and virtualization knowledge. :)

Read the pdfs off the blueprint. I skipped the vSphere ones and skimmed the vCAC ones (pretty familiar with vSphere and vCAC). As for the lab, I'm using the VMware HOL. A lot of the virtual networking concept is familiar to me, since I went through it while studying for the Cloud certs.
  • Options
    Ugh.... Work's killing me. Rescheduled to next Sat.
  • Options
    JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    Sorry to hear. That seems to be the common theme around these parts with work ruining cert plans.
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • Options
    jibbajabbajibbajabba Member Posts: 4,317 ■■■■■■■■□□
    JoJoCal19 wrote: »
    Sorry to hear. That seems to be the common theme around these parts with work ruining cert plans.

Isn't that the truth ... icon_sad.gif
    My own knowledge base made public: http://open902.com :p
  • Options
    Failed it. Got a 273. I guess ~3 weeks of studying isn't quite enough. Overall I thought the exam was fair.
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    What was the passing score? Planning a retake?
  • Options
    EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Jeez that was close Dave. What topics got ya and like my mate, cyberguypr, said when are you retaking it?

EDIT: Gotta ask this, as an employee do they give you free attempts/retakes? ;)
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • Options
    slinuxuzerslinuxuzer Member Posts: 665 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Don't worry your sure to get it next time around.
  • Options
    Passing score is 300. In terms of difficulty, it's about as hard as DCV. There's lots of stuff to learn. I'll try again at a later. As a VMware employee I do get 2 free attempt voucher.
  • Options
    I got wait listed for end of the month ICM class and registered for a class in Nov. This exam may go to the back burner depending on the wait list.
  • Options
    Passed it this morning. Kept having to reschedule the ICM class.

Study materials were:

- 5 day ICM class
    - 3 rounds of NSX HOL
    - NSX install, admin & design guide v2.1
  • Options
    JustFredJustFred Member Posts: 678 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Awesome. Congrats Dave
    [h=2]"After a time, you may find that having is not so pleasing a thing, after all, as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true." Spock[/h]
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats I may look into this one next year. :)
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congrats mate! There was little doubt you'd not pass. Onto the VCIX now? I wonder how it stacks up with the VCAPs. The 'Expert' in the name indicates it may be harder than the VCAPs.
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • Options
    DeathmageDeathmage Banned Posts: 2,496
    Congrats!

Been reading into this cert myself, pretty hard-set on going deep into VMware and Cisco (as a specialization) so SDN seems to go hand-in-hand with this track..
  • Options
    Thanks all. As an added bonus, all my VCPs have new expiration date.

@Essendon,

No VCIX. Switching gears to vCO.
  • Options
    Sirin V GSirin V G Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Dear All

Today i passed VCP-NV .. study as per blueprint
  • Options
    SimonD.SimonD. Member Posts: 111
    Currently attending the NSX-ICM course, I can tell you that the course covers about 80% of the exam requirements, the design and admin guides are what you need to concentrate on.
    My Blog - http://www.everything-virtual.com
    vExpert 2012\2013\2014\2015