Options

Regrouping to attack CCENT again

beach5563beach5563 Member Posts: 344 ■■■□□□□□□□
Just wanted to say this forum has really inspired me to jump back on CCENT again. Got off beat for a while due to losss of my mom and other family stuff but everytime I look up here I see a lot of inspiring posts. I have been in IT mostly on the telecom side for a while but I finally got a small home lab thanks to a very cool member I met up here. I have 4 3640 routers and will use them for routing labs and Packet tracer or online labs for switching Im thinking. I will probably start off with cbt nuggets or maybe the Chris Bryant videos and go from there. I am currently working a Level 1 Telecom/Network Infrastructure tech. Going to be doing a major Cisco 3000 switch upgrade soon which will be good for some basic hands on stuff for switching. Anyway I hope to get CCENT over the next 2 months and then maybe CCNA Voice. I will keep you guys posted. Peace.

Comments

• Options
    Adam BAdam B Member Posts: 108 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Goodluck man! You can do it. If you ever need anything TE is always here :)
    2015 Goals: CCNP SWITCH [] SEC+ [ ] CCNP ROUTE [ ] CCNP TSHOOT [ ]

• Options
    The_ExpertThe_Expert Member Posts: 136
    Slow and steady does it... I recommend setting up regular study sessions throughout the week and chewing off small pieces at a time. Good luck!
    Masters, Public Administration (MPA), Bachelor of Science, 20+ years of technical experience.

Studying on again, off again...
  • Options
    beach5563beach5563 Member Posts: 344 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks so much guys and trust me I will take my time with this stuff. I took the test a couple of times years ago but did not pass. I came close though. Used Todd Lammles book. Just have to hack at it a little bit at a time but I will get it this time.
  • Options
    Jon_CiscoJon_Cisco Member Posts: 1,772 ■■■■■■■■□□
    If your just getting back into studying try to block out 30-40 minutes a day that you can do something CCENT related. If your watching videos it's just enough time to watch one. If possible have a computer near by to try the commands as they talk about them. If not keep some notes. I use to just write each command that they mention on a scrap pad. After the video I would fire up a router and try to find all of the commands again.

Remember it's about getting your brain to make the connection. That means you want to approach each topic from more then one direction. This helps reinforce the information.

i.e.
    Watch video & take notes
    Read book & enter commands in a router

Good Luck!