Options

Passed VCP5 exam today, advice for future candidates

ande0255ande0255 Banned Posts: 1,178
So I went at it again, got almost an entirely new pool of questions, that were less scenario oriented which was such a blessing.

A piece of advice I would give for any exam as I've seen it across the board, is to watch your acronyms between the possible answers and the question being asked, and be very aware of pluralization between the two as well.

I'm awaiting vmware to confirm my results and get back to me with certification status, but the long hard road is finally over, and I strongly advise future candidates just to be very aware of what your being asked and the answer you are giving icon_thumright.gif

Comments

• Options
    RouteMyPacketRouteMyPacket Member Posts: 1,104
    Congrats, but "the long road" is far from being over...it's just beginning.
    Modularity and Design Simplicity:

Think of the 2:00 a.m. test—if you were awakened in the
    middle of the night because of a network problem and had to figure out the
    traffic flows in your network while you were half asleep, could you do it?
  • Options
    smailksmailk Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Wonderful! Congratulations! I hope to get there too in the next few months.
  • Options
    Next up is going to be my motorcycle endorsement for my drivers license, that manual is a whopping 80 pages icon_thumright.gif

Then CCNP Voice, but in the next months I plan to work through the accidental administrator ASA book in GNS3 just to get some more familiarity with those as I work with those heavily as well, but I don't need all the extra knowledge from the Cisco certs down the security path.
  • Options
    jibbajabbajibbajabba Member Posts: 4,317 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Hard road ? That was the easy bit :p

Congrats :)
    My own knowledge base made public: http://open902.com :p
  • Options
    dave330idave330i Member Posts: 2,091 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congrats.
    2018 Certification Goals: Maybe VMware Sales Cert
    "Simplify, then add lightness" -Colin Chapman
  • Options
    EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congrats! And yes, the road's only just started. Bigger, better, badder things await - get 'em!
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • Options
    Yeah my family and girl asks me when studying will be over, and when I say never they kind of laugh, until they realize I wasn't kidding.... and then look kind of shocked :)
  • Options
    DoyenDoyen Member Posts: 397 ■■■□□□□□□□
    That is good to hear! Congratulations on the pass icon_thumright.gif I was wondering about it since you didn't update your wordpress site in a while.
    Goals for 2016: [] VCP 5.5: ICM (recertifying) , [ ] VMware VCA-NV, [ ] 640-911 DCICN, [ ] 640-916 DCICT, [ ] CCNA: Data Center, [ ] CISSP (Associate), [ ] 300-101 ROUTE, [ ] 300-115 SWITCH, [ ] 300-135 TSHOOT, [ ] CCNP: Route & Switch, [ ] CEHv8, [ ] LX0-103, [ ] LX0-104
    Future Goals: WGU MSISA or Capital Technology Univerisity MSCIS Degree Program
    Click here to connect with me on LinkedIn! Just mention your are from Techexams.net.
  • Options
    DeathmageDeathmage Banned Posts: 2,496
    Congrats man!

Myself and 3 other people at my new job are also studying for the VCP5-DCV. However they both already have 2 year expereince with VMware without the certification and they are showing me sooo much it's insane....
  • Options
    Deathmage wrote: »
    Congrats man!

Myself and 3 other people at my new job are also studying for the VCP5-DCV. However they both already have 2 year expereince with VMware without the certification and they are showing me sooo much it's insane....

That is as good as it gets man! I'm fortunate enough to have access to dozens of infrastructures just to see how they're setup, so although I can't change stuff unless I hsve a ticket for it, just being able to see how things are config'd for production. I am vety fortunate to work with all vendors of firewall / route / switch, but almost every customers shares the vmware infrastructure.

Good luck with studies!