Options

WIC-1T or WIC-2T

nvrl8agnnvrl8agn Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
I have two routers 2611XM and 2621XM. Are they able to handle either of these modules? The modules are both pretty cheap and I think I may do more cisco certs in the future; would it be better to just get two WIC-2t cards right now? I am looking to get them so I can connect both of my routers with a serial connection. Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    Jon_CiscoJon_Cisco Member Posts: 1,772 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I don't have your model routers but you should not have any issues with the wic cards. I would go with the WIC-2t cards and pick up a single cable that connects both. You can also pick up T1 modules that do most of the same stuff if you prefer. You would need a T1 crossover cable for this.

Smart Serial Male DTE to Male DCE Crossover Cable
  • Options
    jdballingerjdballinger Member Posts: 252
    Both cards will work fine with those routers, I have several running right now. If there isn't much of a price difference, go with the WIC-2T, as it will allow you to expand your setup down the line if you have a need.
  • Options
    mikeybinecmikeybinec Member Posts: 484 ■■■□□□□□□□
    WIC 1T is DB60 and I think wic2t is smart serial.. I'll let a guru correct me I'm wrong
    Cisco NetAcad Cuyamaca College
    A.S. LAN Management 2010 Grossmont College
    B.S. I.T. Management 2013 National University
  • Options
    jdballingerjdballinger Member Posts: 252
    That's correct Mikey.
  • Options
    MTciscoguyMTciscoguy Member Posts: 552
    For the small price difference, I would go with the WIC-2T cards, I have purchased several of them on ebay for little or nothing.
    Current Lab: 4 C2950 WS, 1 C2950G EI, 3 1841, 2 2503, Various Modules, Parts and Pieces. Dell Power Edge 1850, Dell Power Edge 1950.
  • Options
    nvrl8agnnvrl8agn Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the input. I think the WIC-2Ts it will be as the price difference is only $10 each and as was mentioned in this thread they would afford me more room to grow my lab down the line. Thanks for the input all
  • Options
    TechGuru80TechGuru80 Member Posts: 1,539 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Most setups like INE only have 1Wic but it doesn't matter. I prefer the 1Wic because they are easier to remove and plugin but I have both.
  • Options
    I have lots of DB60s..I think the smart serials cost more than the 60s, that's why I never got WIC 2T
  • Options
    MTciscoguyMTciscoguy Member Posts: 552
    mikeybinec wrote: »
    I have lots of DB60s..I think the smart serials cost more than the 60s, that's why I never got WIC 2T

Now a days, you can pick them up pretty inexpensively on Ebay, I just picked up one last Friday for $12 and free shipping.
    Current Lab: 4 C2950 WS, 1 C2950G EI, 3 1841, 2 2503, Various Modules, Parts and Pieces. Dell Power Edge 1850, Dell Power Edge 1950.
  • Options
    MTciscoguy wrote: »
    Now a days, you can pick them up pretty inexpensively on Ebay, I just picked up one last Friday for $12 and free shipping.

How about the cables? When I bought a few a few years ago, they were pricey